PDA

View Full Version : Caney Schedule

Hoosier
11-05-2007, 08:53 AM
I am going to be in Nashville for a week of meetings at the end of November. Can anyone advise of what the water release schedule may be like at the dam? I fished there once from a boat up and down from the boat ramp off near I40 but that won't be an option then. Am I correct in my understanding of the Caney is that if they are releasing, forget wading? If they do release for a particular part of the day, generally how long does it take after release for the levels become suitable for wading? I'm sure that it is tough to give specifics this far out, just trying to get an idea. Is there another accessible section that may be more suited to wading if the releasing is up in the air?

Thanks.

Grumpy
11-06-2007, 08:26 PM
I'd play the lottery if i could predict the water:biggrin: They're running 1 unit plus a sluice gate at the moment, it produces a lot of non wadable water.
I'd say they will cut back on the sluice by the end of the month, the generaton has occurred during the middle of the day which has made morning hours the best choice for fishing, the water has been falling slowly once they shut it off & with daylight ending early now, you'd be in the dark after they shut it down, even at the dam.
It'll change towards the end, i hope it's for the better.
Grumpy

txbrown
11-06-2007, 11:44 PM
I was there Friday through Sunday. Good wading all morning but they generated at 11 am - 1pm. The rest of the day I really only waded upstrem closer to dam. At 4-5 pm the flow was still very high at Happy Hollow and the wading was interesting.