PDA

View Full Version : Rock Hold Sulpher

thebig21
11-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Can anyone tell me which post has the recipie for the Rock Hold Sulpher that Hugh Hartsell ties. I saw it some time back and can't locate it. Any help would be appreciated.

Hugh Hartsell
11-07-2007, 04:56 PM
21, try this link:South Holston 9/8/07
Hugh

Gerry Romer
11-07-2007, 05:53 PM
The link below should take directly there. You'll have to scroll down a bit. Hugh Posted the recipe in his comments in the thread on 9.13.07

http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9098

Gerry

thebig21
11-09-2007, 10:38 AM
I moved back to Mississippi the 1st of June and am heading back up to East TN to work and play a little next week. I have to work in Chattanooga Monday morning and then drive to Bristol that night. I was thinking about trying the SoHo Tue or Wed. afternoon but I have never been there. Any advise on where to go or what fly to fish with would be helpful.

When I lived in Maryville I would either fish the Clinch or the mountains about 4-5 days a week and really miss those days. Anyway, thanks again and Hugh, it was an honor to type with you!!

Tracy Echols

Hugh Hartsell
11-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Tracy,
To get to the river, take I-81 to the second Blountville exit. That is Exit- 69. Turn right and follow hwy. 394 for about 8-10 miles and you will come to an intersection with hwy. 421. Turn right and drive about 2-3 miles and you will see a sign on the right saying, TVA South Holston Dam. Follow this road and the signs until you come to the river. There is a parking area just as you cross the bridge, on the left. Pull in there and park. Walk under the bridge and follow a trail through the woods downstream. The river is open here, with plenty of room to fish all day. If you decide to go somewhere else farther down the river, get instructions from the locals, because some parts of the river are closed for spawning purposes as you get a mile or so farther down. The weather is getting cold enough now for Midges, Blackflies, and BWOs to be hatching so try to check to see what insects are active when you get there. Beadhead Pheasanttails, Beadhead Rubberlegged Prince Nymphs, and Scuds, are good at this time. Good luck.
Hugh Hartsell---East Tn.

thebig21
11-09-2007, 01:51 PM
You can bet that I will be in that exact spot come Wednesday morning. I will be in a Gray 2003 Ford Windstar Minivan with TN commercial plates if anyone wants to hook up on some trout.

Thanks again for the help.

Tracy Echols

tire guy
11-09-2007, 11:29 PM
I fished it today and had a good day using BHP. The water was very low and the browns were rising doing their dance. My friend used BWO and had a fair day. It was his choice to fish dry and not land as many fish. I also used an elk hair caddis and caught a couple as long as the fly sits high in the water. Good luck Tracy.
Brian

thebig21
11-11-2007, 10:12 AM
It is 8:00 central time Sunday morning and I am loading my last bag to head to Tn. When I get to a computer I will update on how the fishing went. Thanks for all the tips.

Tracy