PDA

View Full Version : Cumberland River--Sunday Nov 25

lauxier
11-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Was on the road by 4:30 AM headed for The Cumberland River-didn't much want to go--dreary weather-thought of turning back--toughed it out--arrived at Kendall before daylight--Attitude still bad--felt stiff did not want to fish---overcast sky,cold,dreary---Reached to get my rod behind truck seat--it was not there--I had forgot to bring it--I did have the 4wt bamboo that Babb made for me--rigged up between sips of coffee---parachute adams with a zebra midge as a dropper-----river was swift--cast in appropriate places for a hour---nothing---one other guy fishing---rigged again with green weenie as dropper---cast into a seam--BAM!---a fish nailed the green weenie--it felt like a log---finally got it in --a 18" brown---released him---went on to catch 8 more in the 15 to 18" size--Really pushed the limits of the 5X tippit---Missed several fish---what a day.Moral of the story?You are you,fish are fish,you like a warm bed on cold dreary days-fish like cloudy days cause they don't have to hide from the sun---get out of bed---be sure to take your rod--go fishing--

buzzmcmanus
11-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Leaving your rod at home, sure beats leaving it on the roof of your jeep.

David Knapp
11-29-2007, 10:40 PM
Moral of the story?You are you,fish are fish,you like a warm bed on cold dreary days-fish like cloudy days cause they don't have to hide from the sun---get out of bed---be sure to take your rod--go fishing--

Great report and thanks for the reminder. Some of my best days fishing are overcast or rainy days but it sure is hard to get out of bed...:rolleyes:

Maurer
11-30-2007, 02:12 PM
I second that, I've had some of my best days fishing in the worst conditions, plus, you have less fishing competition.