PDA

View Full Version : New Member Greetings

Dances with Trout
12-01-2007, 07:54 PM
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I am new to the message board and also new to fly fishing. I just started this spring and am having the time of my life!! Thanks to those who have helped me and a big THANK YOU to the staff at Little River Outfitters for the knowledge, friendship, and help you have given me every time I visit the store. I really enjoyed the fly tying demonstration with Mr. Jack Gregory today.

God Bless,
Dances with Trout

Gerry Romer
12-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Ahhhhh... another addict!! It's working, guys... it's working!!

Gerry

wmwalker
12-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Welcome aboard Dances with Trout. :smile: You will find this board very helpful and a really nice bunch of people that will help in any way.:smile: Also your hooked now with flyrod in hand.:biggrin: Its a wonderful sport and I know you will enjoy it very much:smile:
Wyatt

Paula Begley
12-01-2007, 11:51 PM
Welcome aboard, Dances with Trout! Thank you also for your kind comments.

Glad you were able to join Jack for his tying demonstration. He is one in a million.

Paula

monktrout
12-02-2007, 07:03 PM
Dances with Trout, Welcome to the world of the 'sweet addiction'. Sounds like you got it bad and that is good. It is a wonderful sport and the challenges never end. There is always a skukin' in your future to keep you humble and a bountiful day to let you think you might be a flyfisher. But then again it's a wonderful life.

nvr2L8
12-03-2007, 09:51 PM
Yep, I had one of those "skunkin'" days on Friday. Left the shop with some new nymphs and told Paula I was going out to slay 'em. Got slayed instead and then was running late and didn't have time to stop back at the shop and eat my humble pie. I suspect it was the faulty nymphs that Paula sold me - they looked a little suspicious when I bought them. Seriously, I found out that it really is tough to catch trout when the water temp is just barely above 40 degrees.

But the addict in me will have me back up there at first opportunity doing my best to dance with trout. This time they were two-steppin while I was waltzing but we'll hear the same music soon.:redface:

jeffnles1
12-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Dances,
Welcome.
Jeff

David Knapp
12-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Welcome aboard!

ACinEastTN
12-06-2007, 10:01 AM
Welcome to the board!