PDA

View Full Version : FlyTying Class

FLYFSN
12-04-2007, 10:42 PM
After attending the intermediate class Saturday at LRO, I was truly amazed at Walter Babb's tying skills. He is truly a master at this art. I feel that after this class, I am equipped with the knowledge and understanding necessary to improve my personal tying. I would recommend these fly tying classes to anyone interested in this art. I am looking forward to attending the advanced class scheduled for 12/15/07.

I also had the privilege of meeting Hugh Hartsell. I have talked with him by telephone. He is one nice person. Hugh is like E.F. Hutton. When he speaks, everyone listens. When he makes a post on the LRO message board, it gets more looks than any other. Thanks LRO for the classes and services you provide to us that fly fish. Oh, by the way, the lunch was also super. Merry Christmas,
Paul

Paula Begley
12-05-2007, 08:56 AM
Paul

Thanks so much for your comments. We are happy you had a great time and we look forward to seeing you in the Advanced Class.

This message board is indeed fortunate to have Hugh posting here. Byron calls Hugh the Dean of LRO since I believe Hugh made the very first post here and continues to post with knowledge and insight.

Merry Christmas to you!

Paula

Hugh Hartsell
12-05-2007, 09:20 AM
Paul, it was great to get to meet you at LROs this past Saturday. I can personally say that you had the best Flytying Instructors that can be found. Walter Babb is my very favorite flytier of all times. What a great person with a wealth of knowledge. You just can't imagine what a difference these classes will make in your trips to the Cumberland River, and the Park, as you begin to take a closer look at the insects and start to try to match them with your new found tying abilities.
I was also able to get new instruction myself while I was there attending the Fly Tying Class of Jack Gregory. Another great Flytier for our region and the list just goes on and on as Little River Outfitters provides the best in instuction, for it's clients. I hope to get to meet you again on the river sometime this coming year.
Hugh Hartsell---East Tn.