View Full Version : Year in review SoHo and Watauga

Maurer
12-05-2007, 12:33 AM
Hope you all like my new video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW1Y7YVlGus

Byron Begley
12-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Kris,

Very well done. That takes a lot of work. I recognized the cast but not the musicians. Who are they? Also, what editor do you use? If I don't see you before then have a great Christmas.

Byron

Maurer
12-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Thanks Byron, The editor I use is Windos Movie Maker that came free with my software. It is pretty basic, but gets the job done. One of these days when I get a real job that pays a little better I want to get a really good digital video camera and editing suite so I can make some DVD quality movies, but untill then this will have to do

Fishermansfly
12-05-2007, 01:19 PM
I told Doug I'm ready for that float any time now! I'll row I don't care! Actually I could really use the experiance. Any time your down a man let me know. Great slide brother, you've got me wanting to do a recap on this year...Bog the hard drive down for a while as I sort throught all the fish **** on my computer! I guess, now, I know where your blog went....Didn't know you changed it. Byron there's a bunch of free software available on the net....It all generally comes with the basic stuff....Seeing as you have a MAC and knowing about the MAC owners and there people there more apt to give excellent sofware away for free "Shareware!" That's what makes APPLE so appealing to me...A little pricey though!

Any who cheers to you Kris on a good vid, hope it sets the bar even higher for next year! I will say it's hard to top the Tuckaseegee Toads vid!!!!

Cheers,
Brett

flyman
12-05-2007, 01:35 PM
Nice flick:smile:...................Music by Guns N' Roses Byron. What my Granny use to call narcotic music:biggrin:

Byron Begley
12-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Flyman,

I guess I need to buy some Axl Rose music. Never thought about it until now. Flyman, you are a man of vast knowledge and wit. Please introduce yourself if you come in the store. I'm always here and laughing at what you write.

Brett,

I got this new Mac and it has the new version of HD iMovie. I knew how to use the old one. I guess I'll have to figure out this new version some day. What I do know is that Kris spent of lot of time putting that excellent video together. He has a talent for media, running a fly fishing shop, fly fishing, picking friends and music.

Byron

Rockyraccoon
12-05-2007, 08:16 PM
That is a pretty cool video! I'm impressed with the way you made the G-n-R fit in with fly fishing. Well done!

wmwalker
12-05-2007, 08:27 PM
Kris
Very good Video and really enjoyed watching:smile: Now I just wish I was there with Fly Rod in hand. Nice fish.
Wyatt

ChemEAngler
12-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Kris,
Excellent work on the movie. It looks like you guys had quiet an eventful year of fishing in the northeast part of the state. Makes me even more enticed to buy a pontoon after seeing some of the quality fish in your show.

Travis

Maurer
12-05-2007, 11:51 PM
Thank you for all of the great comments. Its cool when others like what you do. It is also a lot of fun sharing my fishing moments with others, just as I enjoy reading and seeing pics from you all as well.

Byron, I especially appreciate your comments, as I hold your opinion very high and you have my utmost respect. Keep up the all the good things you are doing. Your shop is the best shop I have ever visited.

Hopefully in the next month I'll have video number 3 done. It will be a montage of my previous Yellowstone Trip this summer, should have some good laughs as well.

Happy Holidays

kylemc
12-06-2007, 03:11 PM
corrupting lil Steven..for shame

Maurer
12-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Steven's the one doing the corrupting! No seriously, he is proably the best fly fisherman I've ever fished with, plus he knows those rivers inside and out. The bonus is that he is one heck of a person to hang out with and would do just about anything for you. Shoot he even let me borrow is brand new Hyde one day.

kylemc
12-06-2007, 04:26 PM
I was just jerking his chain a little..he is a good kid..nice vid by the way.

Kyle

TroutAssasin
12-07-2007, 12:03 AM
Great vid. Sounds like i need to head northeast!

Paula Begley
12-07-2007, 10:35 AM
Kris

I just had the opportunity to view your video. One word: Awesome!

It is really well done and it shows what a wonderful time you all had!

"Moar" videos, please. :biggrin: Looking forward to seeing Yellowstone.

Paula

Byron Begley
12-08-2007, 07:13 PM
I logged onto the iTunes music store, bought and downloaded "Welcome to the Jungle" and "Sweet Child O' Mine" by Guns N' Roses. I like both. I'll shop for more later. 99 cents a pop can add up fast.

Byron

trout wrangler
02-14-2008, 01:47 AM
That watauga video was shot mostly one day.You can tell when kris,jake,and steven are all in the same boat.I remember it very well cause that 25 inch brown jake caught ,I could hardly get in the net.The best part is the caddis hatch is but two months away.If you want to get in on some of it check the river out about the 20th or so of april.Kris you did awesome on that video an look forward to this years follow up trip.

Maurer
02-14-2008, 04:18 PM
You're right on TroutWrangler, that was one of the best days that I have ever had, period. You'll find me up there for a bout 5 days this year.

trout wrangler
02-14-2008, 07:12 PM
kris i figured when i said i had trouble netting that thing you would know who this was.I also figure you will be fishing with me again on the same section this year.Maybe ill even show you that pod of fish under the tree an how to throw a 60 foot reach cast under that limb that hangs about 3 ft over the water.Ha ha look forward to fishin soon man.

bubba

Maurer
02-16-2008, 02:10 PM
Yeah, just figured that out, duh. How you been man. I've asked off April 21, 22 and 23 as well as April 28 and 29. I couldn't get a longer strech together. Anyways what do you think about those dates. I plan to fish till I can't stand and/or cast any longer. I'm ready.

trout wrangler
02-18-2008, 11:14 PM
Kris,

Ya man u should be all over the begining of the hatch.Cant wait to see what happens this year.I am already booked most of those days but you never know with that stuff.Look forward to fishin at least a couple of those days with you guys,but well see what happens.Did you want or need any of that gray thread?If so, ill be down there one day this weekend so.Has Jake got the bug to stick that fish again,I hope so.Later man,

BUBBA

Maurer
02-20-2008, 11:36 AM
Bubba, Hey if you can spare a couple yards, I'd love to have it in every color you got. Don't go too over board though! Also you want to go Steelheading in March, like the 14 thru 21 or somthing in between. We've got a free place to crash. Give me a shout.

trout wrangler
02-23-2008, 04:31 PM
hey dude ive got trips then but ive got to make sure.also i maybe going to the beach next week but who knows.ha ha ive got about 40 colors of that stuff later man