PDA

View Full Version : enrico puglisi dub brushes w/micro legs????

BuckeyeRick
12-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Has anyone had any experience with this product? I guess it is mostly for salt water flies, but I've been playing with it for fresh. It is Puglisi's material about an inch across with tiny rubber legs as part of the brush with wire holding it together. It makes a leech instantly. I've tied a wooly bugger with it, but it should be called the Extra-wooly Bugger. I've also tied in a 6" zonker strip and made a "head" out of the dub for an attempt at a Fly-worm. Any techniques, fly formulas, or sites where I can see it used would be great. Thanks.

Rockyraccoon
12-07-2007, 12:55 PM
I've not personally tied with it. However, I'd love to see some pics of your bugs. They sound very fishy.

DrewDelashmit
12-07-2007, 08:50 PM
I have used the dubbing brushes without the legs extensively. I have primarily used them on bonefish flies and occasionally on tarpon flies. They are great and exceptionally easy to use. I can see them working very well on some streamers and bass flies. The only problem the I found with the rubber leg version was durability, although without the presence of saltwater it would probably be a non-issue.

Drew

BuckeyeRick
12-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Rocky - I haven't figured out how to post photos. I'm lucky if my e-mails actually go through.