PDA

View Full Version : Flash!!

Gerry Romer
12-13-2007, 02:25 PM
Byron.....

You are obviously having way too much fun with your new Flash Player tool. I'm sitting here trying to read important posts and being constantly distracted by this "Information Center" thing you've got going.;)

Nobody's here except us locals...

You got a break from this yesterday...

The wind is blowing hard outside...

News flash! There's a pretty good storm cell headed your way. It just blew through downtown Maryville throwing some pretty heavy rain. But just that quick it's gone. Maybe it'll stall out over the mountains.

The church bells are ringing...

Back to work...:cool:

Gerry

Byron Begley
12-13-2007, 03:35 PM
Gerry,

The flash toy is kind of fun. I do it after the fishing report and I sort of run out of things to say. The church bells are cool. Bethel Baptist rings the bells, (probably a recording and big amp) every 15 minutes and we get to hear a song every hour. I'll have to talk to Steve the pastor. I don't think they have done this before. Kinda puts me in the Christmas Spirit.

Back to work!

Byron

Gerry Romer
12-13-2007, 07:17 PM
Been looking at the Flash content again. Now maybe it's just because my shop is in downtown Maryville and my front window faces the mountains and I end up staring at the sky over your way most of the day...

That Flash player content reminds me of smoke signals...

Little puffs of words that pop up and fade away only to be replaced by more little puffs of words...

Yeah... smoke signals!

I wonder if they look that way to someone logging in from, say, Nashville or Louisville? :biggrin:

Gerry

Fishermansfly
12-14-2007, 01:03 PM
Thank goodness there's not merchandise floating around that ticker...I was going with subliminal messages...I saw you added dads name to the ticker and called him...He hadn't logged on yet and I probably ruined it for him after making a phone call....Smart advertisement! I gotta give it to you all...LRO is taking over the web!

donwinn
12-14-2007, 02:53 PM
Gerry,

I am in Nashville, and I can see the smoke. Wait, wait, I think......... Yes, the smoke is spelling your name. I have heard of the call of the wild. I have even heard of the call of the mountains. Now I've seen smoke signals calling for Gerry Romer!:biggrin:

What will Byron think of next?:smile:

Gerry Romer
12-14-2007, 03:59 PM
Byron --

I was right the first time. I think all these tales of woe about how hard you're working on this project and that whatchmacallit are just fairy tales. You obviously have waaaaaaaaaaay too much free time on your hands :biggrin:.

You know you're gonna get inundated with requests for shout outs now :rolleyes:

Hadn't thought of that, huh...

Anyway, thanks for the unique IM! I can now tell the world that I got "Flashed" by Byron :eek: :eek: .

Gerry

Byron Begley
12-14-2007, 07:13 PM
Brett,

A capitalist I am but I would never stoop so low as to display merchandise on the Message Board.:rolleyes: OK, the gift card might be pushing it. I just can't help it, I love that photo by our friend and customer Calvin O'Hern of those guys climbing into their drift boats for a day of fishing. OK, maybe it sells a gift card or two.:biggrin:

Donwinn,

It was great to meet you this week. Thanks for coming up to see me. Also thank you for being so active on the message board. It's fun isn't it?

Gerry,

It took you that long to see today's smoke signals. You've got way to much work to do. You need to take a break, sit down and look at the message board. Keep up the good work and maybe you'll get flashed again. It's after 6:00 on a Friday night and you are not here.:frown:

I hope everything is OK.

It takes five minutes to change that flash show every morning. I just open up 21 pre-named images in Photoshop, change the words then send them up to the worldwide web. Check out the Online Catalog. I change out 56 of those every day. 28 on the main Shop Landing Page and 28 on the Fishpond Page. Those images are all pre-made by me in my spare time when there is nothing for me to do which is most of the time.

Back to work guys. Have a great weekend.

Byron

donwinn
12-17-2007, 07:08 PM
Byron,

I enjoyed talking to you the other day, and I look forward to seeing you guys again on January 19th. I certainly don't mind the smoke signals. I really enjoy the message board. I have learned a lot and look forward to reading the fishing report and new messages each day.

Have a great Christmas and blessed new year!:smile:

By the way, I have a son named Bryan, and I always spell your name incorrectly. I always type the r before y. I usually catch it, but if I don't, please forgive.