PDA

View Full Version : My Thanks!

Hugh Hartsell
12-15-2007, 10:03 PM
I want to take a minute to thank Roger Lowe for coming across the mountains to give a great flytying demonstration today. As long as I have been tying flies and as many good flytiers as I have seen, I still learned a lot of good techniques while watching him this morning. Thank you Roger, and thanks to Little River Outfitters for providing such a great place to meet and share our ideas and talents. It was great to get to see so many friends today as well.
Hugh Hartsell

Troutman
12-16-2007, 01:23 PM
I also would like to thank Roger for sharing his knowledge and time with us. I've visited his shop many times over the years and always felt welcomed. I learn something every time I attend these tying demonstrations at LRO and look forward to more to come in the new year. Great to visit with everyone attending and wish everyone a Merry Christmas. See ya in Jan-Feb.

Gerry Romer
12-16-2007, 08:03 PM
Byron, I think you need to hold these on Sundays so I can attend! :rolleyes:

Gerry

Kevin_Thomas
12-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Thanks Roger! And it was great to see everyone.

buckeyetrouter
12-17-2007, 07:33 AM
I would love to be able to see these demonstations, but being 7 hrs away it just isn't possible. Hey Byron & Daniel, have you ever thought of doing a live web cam of the demo's for those of us not fortunate enough to live within driving distance? Just curious (and hopefull)......

Paula, accept my apologies for suggesting that Byron consider taking on another project :rolleyes:

buckeyetrouter

Byron Begley
12-17-2007, 12:28 PM
Gerry,

Maybe we should do one on Saturday and Sunday. I'll kick that around with the staff. Thanks.

Buckeye,

We have the equipment and the books to tell us how to do it. I just need to do some reading and tinkering around. It will be a little while. We don't even have the Picture Board working yet. Lot to do right now. Great Idea though. Thanks and have a great Christmas.

Byron

Rockyraccoon
12-17-2007, 02:39 PM
The live internet cast is a pretty good idea seeing how you guys feature some pretty well know fly fishing personalities.

Also, as part of the program, you could make pre packaged tying kits including all the materials to tie some of the featured tiers bugs. That way, the online crowd could watch and learn, then order the stuff to tie their own.

Might could ask Zach Matthews for some help and or pointers on getting it the video online.

Flyfishjeep
12-17-2007, 11:09 PM
I second the idea to put the tying demo's online. With two young boys it is hard to leave for 4 hours on a Sat. It would also be a nice reference for people to have the option to choose a fly that was tied and watch the video later if they wish. That way we could watch it over again and see all the little tricks and methods that the real pro's use.

ttas67
12-18-2007, 02:19 AM
I'll add my thanks to Mr. Lowe and LRO for the excellent demonstration. I must say, I was very impressed, and learned some great new tips. His japanese beetle pattern (if you didn't see it) was tops. It was good talking to everyone.