PDA

View Full Version : Holston River

Flyfishjeep
12-19-2007, 02:00 PM
One of the builders that I work with mentioned that there is a guy that owns 300 acres of land below the Cherokee Dam on the Holston. He is opening an outfitters club sometime this summer. Has anyone heard anything about this? I guess there was an article in the Morristown paper saying he was advertising in some major fly-fishing markets trying to get high end customer to come in and fish. I don't get up that way to fish at all, I am curious to find out how that will affect the waters traffic.
-Ben

billyspey
12-19-2007, 11:17 PM
the article was in knox news sunday sports outdoor section by bob hodge

Stonefly
12-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Does this sound like something that'll turn into another stream access issue?

sb

fishNlady
12-20-2007, 12:57 PM
I hope it doesn't cause any problems in stream traffic or access. The Holston is about the only tailwater my husband and I have the time to get to and fish.

Troutman
12-20-2007, 03:56 PM
This may be the development that is between Indian cave and Nances Ferry. They were still grading the area this past summer. I heard rumor that it will have a small airstrip on it also. If this is the place, it sits by one of the best shoals on the river IMO. Definitely more traffic on the river. Whether they know how to catch fish, thats a different story.

rlbarnes
12-21-2007, 12:00 AM
The Riveredge Lodge is located very near the River Glen Equestrian Center, which would be fairly close to the half way point between Indian Cave and Nance's Ferry. The airstrip "Landing at the Rivers Edge" is open for business. Both have websites you can check out.