PDA

View Full Version : Harpeth river stocking

Vern
12-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Went to lunch today, and about 300 yards from the drive to our lumberyard is the pump station for Franklin's water supply. There were aaaaaaaaaout 50 cars parked around a tWRA truck that had a trailer attached. Must have been time to start the winter trout stocking. My office is just down the road but it is allways way too crowed for me. But if you live in middle TN it is an easy spot to get to.

irfishing
12-21-2007, 10:32 PM
Last January I took my six year old neighbor to one of these trout stocking events. I thought it would be a good way to introduce him to fly fishing where he could catch fish. His interest and excitement was soon dampened by the difficulty of getting enough space to try to cast. Not a good environment to introduce a youngster to fly fishing. Will not be going to another.

Now we are focused on more isolated water. I think he will do well.

heyski
12-22-2007, 12:54 AM
It's real close to me but I have no urge to fish in crowded water like that. I'd rather tie flies all winter.

Grumpy
12-22-2007, 08:29 AM
I heard it was running rather full with brown water, below Priest yesterday, it was up on the island, oughta be striper fishing down there.

Grumpy

Vern
12-23-2007, 11:17 AM
I was surprised that they stocked it, the water has been high and muddy for several days. Twra sits in the gravel parking lot with a ticket book out, so if you decide to go make sure you have a trout stamp.