PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Brown

fishNlady
12-26-2007, 09:54 AM
Since my husband and I found ourselves free yesterday afternoon after all the Christmas festivities were done, we decided to sneak off and do a little fishing. This little beauty was caught on a black wooley bugger right under the bridge in the Elkmont campground. We tried yellerhammers, and beadhead pheasent tails but the wooley bugger did the trick.

http://www.muscleguns.net/brown1.jpg

nvr2L8
12-26-2007, 10:00 AM
Well, Merry Christmas to you, fishNlady. What a great present!

Can't think of a happier way to have spent Christmas afternoon.

Flyfishjeep
12-26-2007, 06:13 PM
That is a great way to spend Christmas. That makes a great picture for the website. Try to post it in the photo album so everyone will see it.

buckeyetrouter
12-26-2007, 06:14 PM
ohhhhh fishinglady....I envy you and your husband being able to get out into God's great outdoors on the birthday of his son.....what a wonderful way to celebrate with one of God's finest creations...a brown trout in the Smoky Mountains.....Congradulation, both on the fish and the opportunity!!!

buckeyetrouter

drkorn
12-26-2007, 06:46 PM
Nice look'in brown..... Merry Christmas!

jeffnles1
12-27-2007, 07:56 PM
Envy is a bad thing. Envy is a bad thing. Envy is a bad thing.

Wow, congratulations on a fine trout.

From someone who's not going to see the Mountains until Springtime at the earliest, it's going to be a long winter of anticipation looking forward to a new fishing season.

While I am envious, I also am quite happy for you.

Like someone said, what a great way to celebrate one of God's greatest creations on his Son's birthday.

Jeff

fishNlady
12-30-2007, 09:50 AM
Thanks ya'll. It was a very nice surprise indeed to get that fish. We went that day mainly just to get outside awhile. The water that afternoon was frigid cold and we didn't think anything would be biting at all. But that little guy was the exception to the rule. Today we're hitting the Holston again so maybe it will be good there as well.