PDA

View Full Version : Elk info?

bamafly
12-26-2007, 12:38 PM
I got an Orivs gift card for Christmas.........so I have a few toys coming my way soon and I hope to be fishing Elk by Friday or Saturday - hopefully...

Does anyone know how the Elk is fishing?

Elk riverrat
12-26-2007, 02:24 PM
as good as can be expected for the Elk:) Stink seems to gone for now. I am/was supposed to get out tomorrow with an ole fishing bud I tutored years ago. He now lives with his bride in Madison WI, but he was complaining about the TWRA being so proud of their license. Don't blame him if he don't get them.

If he don't, I may load up and head over to LRO and fish the park just to not miss a calendar year of my life not fishing the high country.

bamafly
12-26-2007, 05:45 PM
where do you live river rat?

monktrout
12-26-2007, 09:58 PM
Fished the Elk this afternoon. Tiny midges were working the surface. We fished near the dam. I caught one small fish. My angling companion caught two, one was a 14" brown. We fished for three hours and it was tough. Threw some buggers and leech patterns along with zebra midges. The zebras two feet under an indicator saved the day. Bright sun wasn't helping. Slowest day for me on the Elk in a while. Lots of fish. Good luck.

bamafly
12-27-2007, 01:21 AM
thanks monk.......I would really like to come up tomorrow or Thur.

Elk riverrat
12-27-2007, 09:25 AM
I live (as my 6 year old says) "down the hill on the river in Kelso, TN".

I'm 25.5 river miles downstream from Tims Ford Dam.

bamafly
12-28-2007, 12:49 PM
how close is that to huntsville?

how often do you get up to the smokies?

Elk riverrat
12-31-2007, 07:42 PM
I'm 30ish miles north of Huntsville, 9 miles east of Fayetteville.

I don't think I ever made it up to the Smokies this year, but would have to look at my calendar, I might have been up early.

I use to come up ever 3rd weekend up until a few years ago. I now work Friday-Sunday, 12.5 hour days. Don't get much fishing in on the weekends.

If you ever want to fish Monday-Thursday, give me a yell. Get my daughter to pick up my little man and we will wet a line.