PDA

View Full Version : Fish Pr0n! Thnx David

Fishermansfly
12-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Had David not been right beside me I would have never had the opportunity to get these pictures due to leaving my camera at home..I too, am not going to add much to the mystery as to how these fish where caught or even where specifically..I will add to the imagination that this lil guy was caught on the SoHo and it was caught on a dry! An actively feeding Brown who at a dry and there's a little smidgen of proof in the picture..As David was snapping pictures he said and I quote "No one will believe our blogs! Big brown caught on a dry!" I will also add I had one much larger chasing my dry at least 28"!:eek: Insane day on the water...It was a nice change of pace seeing as I haven't been outta the coupe in a while!

And David, you made the pictures even better when I got to see you snapped a picture of me dislodging the dry in the corner of that toads mouth! Even though you can't see the fly it's proof in the pudding for me! Thanks again David!

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n209/fishermansfly/IMGP2415.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n209/fishermansfly/IMGP2419.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n209/fishermansfly/IMGP2420.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n209/fishermansfly/IMGP2418.jpg

Sweet!

Brett

CinciVol
12-27-2007, 03:16 PM
At this point, I think I'd believe any fish story from the SoHo short of a Great White Shark caught on a #32 midge (dry). That river seems to produce absolute monster Browns. I've seen a few of them, never caught a one.

Great pictures, thanks for posting them!

ACinEastTN
12-27-2007, 05:11 PM
If you are wanting to check out SoHo this weekend I live within a 25 min. drive. I saw on another post that you were looking for a partner. I am always looking for someone to fish with. Just let me know.

billyspey
12-27-2007, 05:53 PM
nice fish brent . good to see you are doing good ,i have been struggleing on the so ho the fish don't want what i am throwing. fish the 26th without much success a dry with a trailing emerger no takes, all came on a small black bh nymph.

ChemEAngler
12-27-2007, 07:21 PM
Billy,
I know exactly how you feel. I was up there on Friday and only managed two smaller fish. The guy just upstream of me caught a monster while I was there. I was debating not even going back, but knew the potential for a monster was out there. Then I met up with David, Brett, and Gerry yesterday and had a great time. I learned a lot from watching those guys. I didn't land any monsters, but landed some very respectable browns that were beautifully colored. Nearly every fish I caught, I actually saw before hooking it. Many times it took multiple drifts per fish, but eventually I hooked up. It helps to get away from the crowds too if you can. Those fish right below the weir dam have seen an amazing variety of flies and drifts the past couple of weeks.

Travis

Fishermansfly
12-28-2007, 01:39 PM
Sorry Paula, I realized a little to late to change the title! My apologies! U gotta find us a way to be able to do edit that. AC we don't come up all that often but we've made quite a few trips this year so we'll probably continue to do so in 08' I'm sure we'll hit you up! Bill they were taking more than just one thing but I coun't get the big guys to take anything below the surface! Travis is right those fish at the wier have seen more flies in one week then I'll probably see in a lifetime! There were 9 fisherman fishing the right hand side of the stream facing up stream and 4 fishing the left hand side facing upstream just at the first bend. There was a less then average amount of fisherman fishing on the wier! There was a group of fisherman who trailed along thier camping chairs and where hooping and holering the whole time, just because they could I guess no because they were catching fish. All in all most of those guys fishing that side bearly had room for a backcast and no elbow room! It was a site to see! Travis where's your pictures, you hooked up on some nice fish too!

I'm hearing there's quite a few big browns circling at the Clinch too! Dad has a buddy that was up there about a week ago and was catching them left an right! I'm thinking I wanna TIE SOME FLIES and head there! It's been a bear fishing that river the past 5 years and this year has been a nice change of pace up there. I've only left there once doing bad and that included catching a few fish, so it wasn't all that bad after all!

~Brett

ChemEAngler
12-28-2007, 02:56 PM
Brett,
I am probably going to hit the clinch tomorrow, so I will let you know if I see any spawning action. I saw some browns below the weir dam last time I was at the clinch that appeared to be staging and a couple had really beat up and bloody tails like they had been cleaning out a bed.

I still don't have a camera to take to the water with me, so David took the pics for me. I haven't checked my email to see if he sent them yet.

Let me know if you want to meet up tomorrow. I am taking a guy from work over there if the generation schedule looks good. If not, I will probably head to Nances Ferry.

Travis