PDA

View Full Version : Hiwasee On Sat?

pharmtechfisher
12-28-2007, 02:05 AM
Haven't been on in a while. Hello to everyone and I hope that Christmas has been great to everyone. I am thinking about heading to the Hiwassee on Saturday. Never been before, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice about any good spots. Hope all is well.

Flying Trout
12-28-2007, 08:37 AM
Here are just a couple and how to get there. These are the places I have fished while there was generation also. The first is the powerhouse at the end of the road. Go accross the walk bridge and down the railroad tracks to the gauging??? station. Go down the stairs and then you will be out on shallow water that eventually drops very deep. Another place is above the stone wall as you are going up the river. Go to about the 2nd or so turn off and cut through the woods. Be careful of footing. I believe that this is called Fox's cabin.

I have not had to time to go down to the big bend parking area and walk down the foot path. There is supposed to be great fishing down that way also.

I love being on the HI this time of year.

castleft
12-28-2007, 08:03 PM
I fished Hiwassee yesterday for hour and half. Caught 5 on zebra midge. Have to watch and see when water generating. After off, give about 30 minutes for water to settle and fish get active again. Anywhere from Big Bend up has been good. Fishing from Big Bend down the path is always fun. Lots of Trout in the trophy section. Only concern, is with all this rain today, how muddy river could be tomorrow. I was planning on going to river and that is my concern. BUT Black Wooly Buggers or midges are working fine