PDA

View Full Version : Retail or Service

nvr2L8
12-30-2007, 03:18 PM
Byron,

It's funny that you should raise the question in your fishing report today regarding LRO being a retailer or a service business. I had a similar question in my mind this morning regarding the primary objective of LRO particularly as it relates to this board. What has been created here is a real community of fly fisherpersons that are open to share, argue, encourage, teach and even pray for the needs of others.

The skeptic would say that this is brilliant marketing for a retail business - those who know understand that this family of fishers has come together around the catalyst of a couple of people that not only know and love fly fishing but know and care about people and the mountains that we love. Yeah, we all do our share to support the LRO retail business and are inclined to shop first at LRO for our fly fishing needs but that's not what brings 800K visits to a website in a year.

The shop is not just a place to come buy stuff. It's a place to come talk, to learn, to be in a place where the staff cares as much about making us better fishers (and sometimes better people) as they do about selling us more stuff. I've come to think of LRO as much bigger than just a fly fishing shop in Townsend. It is, indeed, a community and a family that just happens to have its epicenter in a fly fishing shop in Townsend.

Thanks to all the folks at LRO for establishing this community for us - have a happy and prosperous new year.

buckeyetrouter
12-30-2007, 04:10 PM
boy-o-boy.....couldn't be any more true.....I guess the only thing I could say to that is......AMEN !!!!!!!!!

buckeyetrouter

Fishermansfly
12-30-2007, 04:56 PM
I second! Brother B's! Well thought well put!

monktrout
01-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Good words Charlie B. LRO is a great store with great people. Wishing you a good year in '08