PDA

View Full Version : Highpockets here. Hi All!!

highpockets
01-02-2008, 12:28 AM
New to the board but not to the site. Reading the daily journal keeps me smiling a lot of gloomy mornings.

I live in Fayetteville TN not to awful far from some pretty good trout water on the Elk River.

I'm married to a wonderful women that supports my addictions and have twin 7-year old sons who already love to fish.

I make custom knives as an "indoor" hobby and also love Traditional Archery and backpacking.

I served many years with the U.S. Army Special Forces most recently in Afghanistan (nice place to visit). You wouldn't believe the Salmon rivers they have there (not kidding)

Just wanted to say hi and look forward to hanging out and letting you guys and gals school me on how to catch these smoky mountain trout!! Spent most of my young life fishing for them but always at the other end of a spinning Rod!

God Bless and Happy New Year

FormerMarine
01-02-2008, 12:33 AM
give me a shout we have A LOT in common...16 years military....(Marine Force Recon and almost 10 years Army officer.......) mark.watson@netzero.net

highpockets
01-02-2008, 12:59 AM
E-mailed ya Jarhead!

David Knapp
01-02-2008, 01:56 AM
Welcome to the board!

highpockets
01-02-2008, 01:21 PM
Thanks.!!!

wmwalker
01-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Welcome highpockets
You will find this a great board to be on and great people to help. I had a few years in myself but I was a flyboy USAF.:smile:

highpockets
01-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Hey, somebody had to get us there flyboy!!!

;-)

fishNlady
01-03-2008, 09:01 AM
Welcome! This is a great site and LRO is the best. Great folks to deal with.

re: military.....My stepson is in the USAF. He's been over to the Middle East and is supposed to be going back again soon.

highpockets
01-03-2008, 01:26 PM
I have prayed for your grand son and will continue to because I pray for them all every day! War is an ugly thing no matter what "stage" it's in. I hope they can all come home soon!

I hate to admit it but I have never set foot into the fly LRO and I have driven past it a dozen times! I'm always piled high with kids and family!!! Not this year though!!!!

donwinn
01-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Glad to have you on the board.

Thanks for keeping my family and I safe.

highpockets
01-03-2008, 06:24 PM
You're very welcome! I would do it again if need be!

Just got news about 5 min. ago that a friend I served with last go'round got a Purple Heart the other day in Kandahar; didn't even know he was back over there.

God Bless

Byron Begley
01-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Highpockets,

Welcome to the board and thanks for serving. I hope your buddy is OK. I used to fish the Elk often when I lived in Nashville. Next time you are in Townsend please stop in. "That's not an order":smile:

Byron

Flyfishjeep
01-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Welcome aboard Highpockets,
Thanks for serving your country. I had my best friend just return from 18 mo in the heart of Bahgdad. Enjoy civilian life and make sure to stop in at LRO to make your flyfishing future complete.

highpockets
01-06-2008, 01:36 AM
Thanks! Got big plans on it!