PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Middle TN and MI

roberts618
01-02-2008, 10:57 AM
Hello Fellow Fly Fishers - this looks to be an interesting forum and I look forward to participating.

My home waters are the Elk / Duck in TN and the AuSable in MI. I was on the water 28 days in 2007 and I hope to do even more days this year. I have only been fly fishing for five years so I have much to learn.

wmwalker
01-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Welcome roberts618
You will find this board really great and a great bunch of people to help you.:smile:

highpockets
01-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Hey Roberts, where's home base? I live in Fayetteville and a local shop is forming up a fly fishing club.

ccmmcc
01-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Welcome to the sight. I count my homewaters as the Au Sable, MI and the Pigeon, TN. I live in Ohio so I am right between two great places to fish.

Elk riverrat
01-03-2008, 12:55 AM
highpockets,

I live just east of you in Kelso, wondering if we have crossed paths and didn't know it?

I was at the first meeting.

roberts618
01-03-2008, 12:16 PM
Home base when we are in TN is Tullahoma. We are about five miles from the GD distillery. I try to fish the Elk (and when in a hurry the Duck) about three times a week when we are in Tullahoma. Should be in the area later this month. Maybe I can meet one or more of you on the stream at that time. I really like to fish at Farris Creek Bridge the most.

I missed the first meeting of the LFFC but hope if we are in the area to attend the next one. I know Tim Page, owner of the Lynchburg fly shop, and have floated the Elk with him several times in years past.

The AuSable is fun but challenging. I have probably fished there about 25 times over the last four years on all branches of the river.

highpockets
01-03-2008, 09:28 PM
we need to hook up and go fishing dadgummit! Me and my bro can't find anybody that fly fishes!!

Yall both give me a shout when you can!

steve.w.miller@us.army.mil

highpockets
01-04-2008, 12:31 PM
I didn't make the first meeting but I plan on being at the next ones!!!

Byron Begley
01-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Welcome Roberts618,

You will enjoy being here and we all welcome you. You may know a friend of mine, Rusty Gates. He owns a lodge and guide service in the AuSable. He sent me his new book. It is great.

Byron.

Flyfishjeep
01-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Welcome aboard,
Make sure you keep us posted on your success fishing in Middle TN.
Don't hesitate to ask any questions.

roberts618
01-05-2008, 11:22 PM
Welcome Roberts618,

You will enjoy being here and we all welcome you. You may know a friend of mine, Rusty Gates. He owns a lodge and guide service in the AuSable. He sent me his new book. It is great.

Byron.
Bryon,

Yes, I know Rusty and have an autographed copy of his book. He runs without a doubt, the best fly shop, restaurant and lodging on the AuSable.

Robert