PDA

View Full Version : Tremont Brookie Project

Gerry Romer
01-05-2008, 05:11 PM
Does anyone know if an official schedule has been published regarding the closure of Tremont? Is the date set yet? :confused:

I've been saying I need to get up top once more before they close it to fishing and now I'm hoping for an early warm up.

Gerry

ijsouth
01-05-2008, 09:09 PM
I thought I saw something online a while back, or perhaps Byron posted something. I'll try to find it.

nvr2L8
01-05-2008, 09:15 PM
Gerry,

I'm planning on going up there this coming Friday if water temps go up a bit. Hoping with the next few days of warmer weather and rain, things will turn around a bit.

Come on up!

ijsouth
01-05-2008, 09:20 PM
I remember now...it was in a newsletter for the LR Chapter of TU:

http://www.knology.net/~lrctu/May2007.pdf

No specific dates, but we're looking at late spring for the "free-for-all", where all rainbows caught will be kept, and September for the actual closing of the stream and treatment with Antimycin. The brookies will be stocked the following spring (2009).

FormerMarine
01-06-2008, 08:57 AM
Charlie B,

Do you want some company Friday when you go up top?? would like to tag along and make a new friend if you don't mind....

Mark

Troutman
01-06-2008, 09:32 AM
I hope they will open up Sams creek to fishing when they close down Lynn camp prong. Its some pretty water but some tight casting.

nvr2L8
01-06-2008, 09:57 AM
That would be great - I would love the company.

I'm keeping an eye on the weather forecast and so far the temps are looking good. If they bring the water temperature up, we should be good to go. Let's keep in touch. If you want to email me, I'm at bartonca@hotmail.com.

Gerry Romer
01-06-2008, 04:43 PM
I hope they will open up Sam's creek to fishing when they close down Lynn camp prong. Its some pretty water but some tight casting.

If memory serves (and that's asking a lot these days), Sam's Creek has been closed - and will remain closed for the foreseeable future - because it has been turned into the primary fishery for the Tremont project. I believe the brood stock for the planned Tremont brookie population is being cultivated in Sam's Creek.

ijsouth, thanks for the link!

Gerry