PDA

View Full Version : Just signed up!

007miata
01-08-2008, 11:26 PM
Just signed up... been lurking for a little while. Looks like a good forum. Hope to be able to contribute. I live in Sevierville and fish the Little River, Clinch, Holston, and Greenbrier area. Look forward to getting to know some people on here and maybe go fishing with somebody who knows what they're doing.:smile:

- Mark

David Knapp
01-08-2008, 11:56 PM
Welcome to the board!

irfishing
01-09-2008, 11:46 AM
Glad to have you on the board. It is the best one I have seen.
Lots of interesting and informative fishermen here.
Does your board name reflect your wheels?

Byron Begley
01-09-2008, 06:42 PM
Mark,

Welcome to the board. Thanks for joining. If you are who I think you are we talked about sports cars this week. Good job on the NL.

Byron

007miata
01-10-2008, 10:55 PM
Glad to have you on the board. It is the best one I have seen.
Lots of interesting and informative fishermen here.
Does your board name reflect your wheels?

Thanks and yes it does... I love my Miata. Had to buy a new rod just so I could carry my fishin' stuff in the trunk (good excuse, anyway).;)

Not trying to turn this into a car board, but here's a pic to help answer the question. It is quite often seen sitting on the side of the road between Elkmont and Townsend. My only car pic, I promise.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/msebby/d4e837f6.jpg

007miata
01-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Mark,

Welcome to the board. Thanks for joining. If you are who I think you are we talked about sports cars this week. Good job on the NL.

Byron

Thanks, Byron! I appreciate your help on the NL and I really enjoyed the car talk. I don't know why my signature doesn't show, you wouldn't have had to guess. Anyway, I'll get the hang of this forum soon enough.

roberts618
01-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Mark,

Welcome to the board. I have 2002 Miata SE. Have you driven the Tail of the Dragoon in your car?

007miata
01-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Mark,

Welcome to the board. I have 2002 Miata SE. Have you driven the Tail of the Dragoon in your car?

Cool! I almost bought an '04 a couple of years ago.

'bout wore out my first set of tires on the Dragon. :biggrin: Going up there with a couple of other Miatas in the morning, then off to work. We have a lot of great roads around here. I'm a member of RAGSClub... are you? We ought to go drivin' sometime.

Flyfishjeep
01-12-2008, 01:50 AM
Anybody want to guess what I drive? You get three guesses and the first two don't count.

roberts618
01-12-2008, 04:01 PM
I keep my Miata in MI and only drive it during Spring-Summer-Fall. But would like to take it down the Tail of the Dragon.

007miata
01-16-2008, 11:47 PM
Anybody want to guess what I drive? You get three guesses and the first two don't count.

A Fiat!

No, seriously, I am seeing some sort of Jeep... maybe a Wrangler... could it have 4 doors? ... could it be green... Jeep Green Metallic or Rescue Green?

I have a friend that bought a 4dr Wrangler X... very nice ride.

007miata
01-16-2008, 11:49 PM
I keep my Miata in MI and only drive it during Spring-Summer-Fall. But would like to take it down the Tail of the Dragon.

Bring it down and we can go run the Dragon. There's some nice fishing at either end, too.

Flyfishjeep
01-17-2008, 01:30 PM
A Fiat!

No, seriously, I am seeing some sort of Jeep... maybe a Wrangler... could it have 4 doors? ... could it be green... Jeep Green Metallic or Rescue Green?

I have a friend that bought a 4dr Wrangler X... very nice ride.

I currently drive an 02 Sahara with a few upgrades. I am saving up for the 4-door. Just waiting for a few more to come across the used car lot so I can save a lot. When it does happen it will be the rescue green! When I was in Myrtle beach earlier this year, a Charter boat Captain was driving his new rescue green 4-door with 6" lift and 37"tires. I had to wipe the druel off his hood before I left. Oh Well, soon enough...

Byron Begley
01-17-2008, 04:55 PM
My next set of wheels will be a Wrangler Unlimited 4 door. I just need to put another 90,000 miles on my Chevy before I retire it.

Byron

Flyfishjeep
01-18-2008, 09:41 PM
Byron you may need to move up to Maine so you can put on more than 1,000 miles a year on your truck driving to work in the morning!
It would be nice to add you to the Jeep family. I will let you drive mine in the morning so I can add a little more urgency in your purchase.

Paula Begley
01-18-2008, 10:10 PM
Flyfishjeep, DON'T YOU DARE!

We are already a 3 Jeep family...and we do. not. need. any. more. cars! :biggrin:

Byron has an antique Jeepster Commando and a Jeep Cherokee that are collecting dust...in addition to my Wrangler. :rolleyes:

Paula

Flyfishjeep
01-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Paula, don't blame Byron for your Jeep collecting dust. You need to make sure that they get some love in the summer. I will only let Byron drive my Jeep when the top and doors are off in the summer. That way he will be too worried about falling out rather than how much fun he is having. Or will he be having too much fun and not worry about falling out. I do have to admit that you are able to get an up close look at the rivers when driving a wrangler with no doors on.
Now I have got myself worked up and wanting to go for a drive. Too bad it is 15 degrees outside.

Paula Begley
01-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Flyfishjeep, I know the Jeep mania...we have the Jeep mania. :biggrin: Byron's Jeep Cherokee is the one he had when we first dated lo those many years ago...he can't let it go.

Byron bought me my Wrangler for a birthday present in 97. I love that car!

So, I totally understand the Jeep love. In like 2002 or so, Byron bought me a Tahoe...but, I hung on to my Wrangler...just cause, darn it, I love that car! When we built the new shop, I was feeling building poor, so I decided it was time to sell a car...I got the Wrangler fixed up to sell. But, by George! That little car looked so good, I just couldn't part with it! :biggrin: So, I may keep my '97 Wrangler forever. :smile:

I get the Jeep love. ;)

Paula

007miata
01-22-2008, 08:53 PM
A Wrangler is a great "keep forever" vehicle. No matter how old a Jeep gets, it is always a cool vehicle. I've had 5 so far... one was a 97 Wrangler. BUT, those new 4 door Wranglers... sure would make a great advertising vehicle for LRO (and probably tax deductible, too!). You could put some nice vinyl biz-oriented graphics on the sides... I can almost picture it now.:biggrin:

PoorlyTiedFly
01-24-2008, 09:36 AM
Welcome aboard! There is a lot to learn here and tons of great advice.

Flyfishjeep
01-24-2008, 12:37 PM
A Wrangler is a great "keep forever" vehicle. No matter how old a Jeep gets, it is always a cool vehicle. I've had 5 so far... one was a 97 Wrangler. BUT, those new 4 door Wranglers... sure would make a great advertising vehicle for LRO (and probably tax deductible, too!). You could put some nice vinyl biz-oriented graphics on the sides... I can almost picture it now.:biggrin:

I aggree with the advertising vehicle. Although we may have to let me drive the vehicle since Byron doesn't put on more than 10 miles a day. Me however am in outside sales and travel all over east TN. Byron-contact me on what options we should put in the vehicle, and then we can get Paula's approval before ordering.