PDA

View Full Version : Trekking Poles

mtnman2888
01-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Byron,

You mentioned in your report today about some trekking poles and y'all had found for a good price. I know this doesn't translate into sales for your company, but would you mind posting a link or pointing me in the right direction of those poles? I have been thinking about getting some for my upcoming backcountry trips this year. There is a possibility that some of them could be pretty long trips and i thought that poles would help out on those long hikes, although i've never used them so i don't know for sure. Thanks

Craig

Byron Begley
01-12-2008, 04:41 PM
Hi Craig,

Hope you are doing well friend. Bill Bolinger showed me his. His were several years old, held up well, very light and well made. I ordered mine from REI. They are called REI Summit Trekking Poles, item #7594660016. They were $59 for the pair plus shipping of $8.99. I had to pay sales tax in addition to the above because REI has a store in Nashville. You may not have to pay that. I liked the way they looked and especially liked the price.

Byron

mtnman2888
01-12-2008, 06:37 PM
Byron,

Yeah i really like the price, too. I have been looking around for some time at various places trying to find some that i liked that were nice. I found some i liked made by black diamond that were carbon fiber, but you can imagine the price wasn't nearly as acceptable as those. Thanks alot, i appreciate it. I'll look into those. Hopefully they will help out on those long hikes.

Craig