PDA

View Full Version : Todays fishing report, and streaming videos

yellowsulphur29
01-17-2008, 12:09 PM
Byron,

Just a thought concerning the free fly typing classes. Streaming video servers are expensive and require a lot of bandwidth so the maintenance costs are high. I have been designing websites for years and have found another more cost effective alternative...Podcasting. While this is not live streaming video, podcasts are free to download off iTunes, free to use on an iPod and they work on both Macintosh and PC platforms so you do not have to compose videos in multiple formats or deal with incompatibilities in software. Podcasts are easy to set up, and in this day, most people have some form of portable media device such as a smartphone or pda which could play these podcasts right at streamside if need be. The best part of all of this, you do not have to maintain any cost for increased server space or bandwidth as it is hosted on Apple computers servers. Just a suggestion.

Thanks again for the wonderful site and great work with the fishing reports.
Yellowsulphur (Kevin)

Byron Begley
01-17-2008, 12:50 PM
Thanks Kevin,

Thank you for the encouraging words and excellent advice. I have read two books on podcasting. One is in my huge collection of "Dummy" books. I have most of the computer books written for "Dummies". I hadn't thought about podcasting for video. I think when I first started looking into podcasting, video was not a option. I'll dig further. Please send me an e-mail with your websites. I would be interested to see your work.

info@littleriveroutfitters.com

Thank you for your thoughts. I would appreciate any comments from professionals like you. This technology is moving so fast it is hard to keep up. Luckily, Daniel looks at new software all the time. He's always taking my credit card and ordering new add-on stuff to improve our site. Then he has to teach me how to use it.

Byron