View Full Version : New Member

James Buice
01-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Hey Folks,
Wanted to say hi and do a quick intro. I visited LRO for the first time yesterday and WOW. What a great shop. I work as the southeastern rep for Scott Rods, Nautilus Reels and a few other companies. Guided for about 10 or so years, do a bit of writing for various magazines (when they don't hide my crayons), and live down in Marietta, Ga.

Hope to see you on the water sometime.

01-18-2008, 03:22 PM
Glad to have you on the board, James. Hope you get to spend some time up in our mountains fishing. It's a treat.

Paula Begley
01-18-2008, 07:52 PM
James, welcome to the board! Thanks for joining us...there are a lot of great posters here who share your love for the sport.

I am sorry I wasn't able to spend more time with you while you where here, end of the year stuff and mail order kept me busy, but I will look forward to spending time with you the next time you come by LRO.

01-18-2008, 08:55 PM
Got any free samples?:biggrin:
Sorry! couldn't resist that one. I too am a sales rep (nothing fun like Fly Gear) but even in my profession (Building materials) that is usually the first question I always get. Road Warriors Unite! lol

Welcome aboard

01-18-2008, 09:46 PM
Welcome to the forum James. As a rep I am sure you will find a good excuse to work this territory a little more. (wink, wink)

Gerry Romer
01-19-2008, 01:00 AM
Welcome aboard, James!

Looking forward to your input and opinions...

David Knapp
01-19-2008, 11:14 AM
Welcome to the board! Glad to have you...

Byron Begley
01-19-2008, 08:27 PM

Welcome to the board. It was very good to meet you this week. Like I said in my e-mail, it's great to have people like you in our small industry. Thank you for the kind words about our shop but I was blown away by you too. I can't wait to get Scott Rods on the Online Catalog. Since I own about 4 of them myself it will be great to see our customers enjoy the same pride of ownership. Keep up the good work Buddy. By the way, I call everyone Buddy if I like them.

01-25-2008, 11:37 PM
Welcome James! I have a few Scotts myself...

You say you guided for 10 years? Care to tell us where? Of course, we may bug you for info...

01-26-2008, 01:03 PM
I've seen a number of your writings in Eastern Fly Fishing. Welcome to a good group of folks.

James Buice
02-14-2008, 05:37 PM
Sure Snaildarter, I guided on the Toccoa River in N GA for most of that time, great tailwater. A real sleeper among southern tailraces.

Byron Begley
02-15-2008, 12:12 PM
Hi James,

I appreciate you being on here. Your passion for our sport and the experience that you have will be very beneficial to all of us. I don't know if I have your mailing address. I want to add you to our list. Please e-mail it to me, byron@littleriveroutfitters.com. Though I am off for the week I'm still working of course. Yesterday I spent a lot of time working with our mutual friend Zach Matthews who is another great writer like yourself. His photography is some of the best I've seen from a fly fishing photogapher in a while. We are buying the use of some of my favorite "Zach and Lauren" photos for our 2008 print advertising. I think the printing presses are rolling right now as I approved two proofs yesterday. I want you to be able to enjoy their photos with our brand on them. These are not the kind of advertising pieces you just throw away. Talk to you soon.