PDA

View Full Version : New Member

James Buice
01-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Hey Folks,
Wanted to say hi and do a quick intro. I visited LRO for the first time yesterday and WOW. What a great shop. I work as the southeastern rep for Scott Rods, Nautilus Reels and a few other companies. Guided for about 10 or so years, do a bit of writing for various magazines (when they don't hide my crayons), and live down in Marietta, Ga.

Hope to see you on the water sometime.

James

nvr2L8
01-18-2008, 03:22 PM
Glad to have you on the board, James. Hope you get to spend some time up in our mountains fishing. It's a treat.

Paula Begley
01-18-2008, 07:52 PM
James, welcome to the board! Thanks for joining us...there are a lot of great posters here who share your love for the sport.

I am sorry I wasn't able to spend more time with you while you where here, end of the year stuff and mail order kept me busy, but I will look forward to spending time with you the next time you come by LRO.

Paula

Plunker
01-18-2008, 08:55 PM
Got any free samples?:biggrin:
Sorry! couldn't resist that one. I too am a sales rep (nothing fun like Fly Gear) but even in my profession (Building materials) that is usually the first question I always get. Road Warriors Unite! lol

Welcome aboard

Flyfishjeep
01-18-2008, 09:46 PM
Welcome to the forum James. As a rep I am sure you will find a good excuse to work this territory a little more. (wink, wink)

Gerry Romer
01-19-2008, 01:00 AM
Welcome aboard, James!

Looking forward to your input and opinions...

Gerry

David Knapp
01-19-2008, 11:14 AM
Welcome to the board! Glad to have you...

Byron Begley
01-19-2008, 08:27 PM
James,

Welcome to the board. It was very good to meet you this week. Like I said in my e-mail, it's great to have people like you in our small industry. Thank you for the kind words about our shop but I was blown away by you too. I can't wait to get Scott Rods on the Online Catalog. Since I own about 4 of them myself it will be great to see our customers enjoy the same pride of ownership. Keep up the good work Buddy. By the way, I call everyone Buddy if I like them.

Byron

snaildarter
01-25-2008, 11:37 PM
Welcome James! I have a few Scotts myself...

You say you guided for 10 years? Care to tell us where? Of course, we may bug you for info...

Stonefly
01-26-2008, 01:03 PM
I've seen a number of your writings in Eastern Fly Fishing. Welcome to a good group of folks.

sb

James Buice
02-14-2008, 05:37 PM
Sure Snaildarter, I guided on the Toccoa River in N GA for most of that time, great tailwater. A real sleeper among southern tailraces.

Byron Begley
02-15-2008, 12:12 PM
Hi James,

I appreciate you being on here. Your passion for our sport and the experience that you have will be very beneficial to all of us. I don't know if I have your mailing address. I want to add you to our list. Please e-mail it to me, byron@littleriveroutfitters.com. Though I am off for the week I'm still working of course. Yesterday I spent a lot of time working with our mutual friend Zach Matthews who is another great writer like yourself. His photography is some of the best I've seen from a fly fishing photogapher in a while. We are buying the use of some of my favorite "Zach and Lauren" photos for our 2008 print advertising. I think the printing presses are rolling right now as I approved two proofs yesterday. I want you to be able to enjoy their photos with our brand on them. These are not the kind of advertising pieces you just throw away. Talk to you soon.

Byron