PDA

View Full Version : Where would you go?

bcunnin1
01-22-2008, 02:13 PM
If you were taking a trip in the spring and could go anywhere in the US to fish where would you choose and why?

fishNlady
01-22-2008, 07:16 PM
Katmai Alaska because it is my dream fly fishing vacation. It's such a beautiful place.

roberts618
01-22-2008, 07:23 PM
If you were taking a trip in the spring and could go anywhere in the US to fish where would you choose and why?
I have fished in Alaska and it is great. But it is a long trip there and back - one big disavantage in my experience.

I recommend you consider the AuSable River here in MI. The 'Holy Waters' of fly fishing is just East of Grayling, MI. Go right after the trout opener (last Saturday in April). Some of the most beautiful trout water anywhere and the fish are wild and smart. When you catch a big Rainbow or Brown, you have done something.

ttas67
01-23-2008, 02:03 AM
does the ausable have the hex hatch, and when is it? I would be interested in trying to hit it sometime.

roberts618
01-23-2008, 11:42 AM
Check out the following link -- http://www.gateslodge.com/hatches.htm -- it will tell you all you care to know about hatches on the AuSable River in MI.

Flyfishjeep
01-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Field and Stream just came in the mail yesterday and they listed the top 20 flyfishing destinations in the U.S. that were small and non-tourist traps. It did not of course mention Townsend, but it did have some nice areas that I would like to go to some day. See if you can get your hands on that new issue.
As for me I would love to return back to Montana in the Big Sky area. I have posted before about fishing out there, and the different possibilities are endless.

Stonefly
01-23-2008, 02:14 PM
I've often said I'd like to live in Seattle, 'cause I think I could fish a different place every day for the rest of my life. Never been there yet...

sb

ACinEastTN
01-23-2008, 05:18 PM
Just got back from fishing there. It is very nice mild weather all year. I fished for some Steelhead and Rainbow earlier this month. I have some pics posted form my trip on this forum under Washington Steelhead. You are correct about the various fishing opportunities there are out there. From saltwater to mountain creek to big river and mountain lake. I really enjoy the Seattle area. It is worth the time to take a trip!

stickbait
02-04-2008, 12:02 PM
West Yellowstone.......fishable water every where.....

stickbait