PDA

View Full Version : cheer up

2weightfavorite
01-26-2008, 11:16 AM
Well it's another kinda cold dreary morning. They say it will reach 40, but we'll just have to wait and see. As the fishing report states, the catching is hard in the mountains (although the fishing is always good). But cheer up! we only have about one more month to go! in just 30 days or in 5 weekends from now (which i believe sounds sooner that 30 days), we will be casting dries to rising fish! Yes our feet will still be numb, and we will have to try and somehow release our fish without getting our hands wet, but we will be catching fish on the dry! With all of this in mind, I will keep trying and preparing, and the thoughts of quill gordons and blue quills and march browns will cheer me up...

nvr2L8
01-26-2008, 11:21 AM
I like the way you think 2weight.

I've got in mind some stream scouting for today. For those of us who don't tie, we have to get our fix in somehow.

ijsouth
01-26-2008, 05:20 PM
Since I'm down here, I'm looking at it this way:

1. Getting through Mardi Gras - thankfully, it's early this year

2. Getting through a series of software upgrades on the servers at work...that starts tonight.

3. Getting the house clean.

4. Getting rid of the weeds in the gardens while they're still dormant.

5. Getting the gear in order for the mountains.

By then, it will be close to Easter...the day after Easter, we'll be on our way to the mountains. That's a little beyond the 5 weeks, but I figure that last week in March, if the weather is decent, ought to have dynamite fishing.

Something to dream about, anyway.