PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Hiwassee tommorrow.

pharmtechfisher
01-27-2008, 06:15 PM
I read a post a week or two ago from 2weightfavorite about fishing the Hiwassee. I am planning on going down tommorrow and fishing from about 11:00 to 4 or so. Castleft mentioned zebra midges I think size 18, 20 but I was wondering if anyone had been there more recently? If so, what worked (or didn't work) for you?. 56 degrees and sunny. Boy, I really hope I catch something other than a cold. Ha..ha...My father once told me, "That's why they don't call it catching son.":biggrin:

castleft
01-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Hey just got off HI river hour ago. I did not have much sucess on black or red zebras today. I went to usual spot that has produced, but nothing. There wasn't much of a hatch when I got there around noon. Water was off pulse. So I switched to a small black stone fly 10-12 and began catching some nice rainbows in the swift water. What was funny about it some corn fisherman were in that hole for couple of hours and caught nothing. They left, I tied nymph on and it was 5 back to back all 12 inches. Which is great for there. I have been addicted to my midges this winter BUT after today I am going to work deeper and with some stone nymphs for a while. It worked well. My advice if theres a hatch some 20 BWO and zebras if not big and deep with dark nymph.