PDA

View Full Version : Welcome g8rb8pfisher92

Rog 1
01-29-2008, 09:45 AM
I would like to welcome this member personally...can't tell by our names but he is my son.....he is the fourth generation of flyfishermen that have walked and fished these waters....he is into his 3rd full year of flyfishing....he already has a slam to his credit and has started telling me where to fish....be gentle, please....

highpockets
01-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Welcome G8, I am trying to pass the fishing legacy on to my twins as we speak. Good to hear someone else has!!!

g8rb8phisher92
01-29-2008, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. Seriously, 2 of the only things I couldn't live without are Florida Gators football and flyfishing... also, I am looking on to passing the flyfishing phenom down to my children later on in the future :smile:

nvr2L8
01-29-2008, 07:58 PM
This is a non-descriminatory message board - we'll even allow Gators. Glad to have you with us.

Flyfishjeep
01-29-2008, 10:07 PM
G8- I agree with nvr2L8 that we don't descriminate on anything.
I will say though that you are very brave to mention your passion for Gator football. This shouldn't effect the answers you get, but you may be treading on thin ice for a post or two. Welcome to the board and let us know if you have any questions.

Fishermansfly
01-30-2008, 09:31 AM
I consider myself pretty good at deciphering hidden phrases in vehicle license plates considering I look at them all day. I'm kinda stumped when looking at your name! Scratch, Scratch? Let me give it a try, Gator Bait Phisher? Either way, it's great and I always enjoy seeing Florida fans around. No, I'm not a Florida fan, but I can't stand seeing that TN VOLS orange...I realize now, I'm probably starting war on my home turf! Not much of a basketball or football buff...I just get sick of hearing RockyTop and seeing that color. I've got a buddy that went to school there and has Rocky Top as his ring tone. I told him I didn't want to call him any longer so that I didn't suffer while I had to sit through that song....Needless to say, now we don't talk much! Of course, I'm kidding and I joke about it alot. It's good to have a gator around to keep things in "Balance!":p

Look forward to hearing you post, and there's lot's of good people with good information on here regardless of who there favorite team is!:cool:

~Brett

I understand If I now get booted from the board!:eek: :rolleyes:

Paula Begley
01-30-2008, 11:48 AM
I understand If I now get booted from the board!

Have you ever heard of probation, officer? ;)

Welcome to the board, g8r!

Paula

g8rb8phisher92
01-30-2008, 04:15 PM
Even though I live for Florida Football, I've got some UT blood in me. My grandmother went to UT and once tutored some of the players back in the day. But you can bet I won't be rootin on UT any time soon.:biggrin:

indianafly
01-30-2008, 06:30 PM
It's good to see a gators fan on here. I was afraid I was the only one. I have loved gator's football for as long as I can remember. I don't know if it is good or bad but I played against Grossman in high school. It was cool to say that you sacked a pro qb (before he was a pro). I was hoping to see him do better in the pro's. Welcome!

Plunker
01-30-2008, 07:03 PM
With all the Tebow worshiping they do down in Gatorland, I'm surprised anyone has the time to fly-fish:p

Really! welcome aboard. I think that whole generational flyfishing thing you Guy's have going on demonstrates the "Soul" of Fly Fishing...hoping it lives on forever.

I personally don't have children (by choice) but I am trying to teach the Westie Dog how to spot the rise for me!
Roll Tide!
P.S. The Enemy, of my Enemy, is my friend:biggrin:

fishNlady
01-31-2008, 05:27 PM
Welcome! Nothing wrong with being a gator fan in Vol country. I'm a Tiger fan still and I've been in Tenn for 16 years.

It's great that you are sharing the love of fly fishing with your Dad. I wish my kids would get more into it. Right now with them....if it's not powered by some kind of electronic gadget...they ain't interested! :rolleyes:

My son does like to Turkey hunt though so his Dad and I get to share that with him. I'm glad of that.

Gatorbaiter
02-04-2008, 03:47 PM
I welcome a fellow Gator Fan - there are not too many on this site - I attended and work at UF -- but vacation 2 weeks every year in the Smokey's - soon I hope to make it up to the mountains several times a year - I do some fly fishing here in the flat lands but clear water is sometimes difficult to find

Rog 1
02-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Gatorbaiter....thanks for the kind words for my son...I am a second generation Gator and spent my last five years of school in Gainesville...while in law school I frequented some of the local waters with my long pole...have you ever tried Little Lake Sante Fe between Melrose and Keystone Hts....nice sandy bottom with a lot of cypress trees....great wading lake and you never know what you are going to catch....I was also known to cut classes on Friday, drive all night to Elkmont, fish Friday, Sat. and Sun morning and drive back to Gville for classes on Monday....something like that would kill me now.

ajh10567
02-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Hey everybody I am new on this site. My name is AJ Hosenfeld, and I live in Knoxville. I love to fly flish, but I haven't been doing it very long so I hope this site will help me out some.

nvr2L8
02-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Glad to have you aboard. Some great fisherpersons on this board - read and learn.

Gatorbaiter
02-13-2008, 03:47 PM
Rog -- most of last year Lake Santa Fe, Big & Little were lower than I have seen in years -- some docks only had a few inches of water under them - the Cypress were in the same shape - things are slightly better now - but the weather wizards are predicting a dry spring - I hope they are wrong

Rog 1
02-22-2008, 03:38 PM
Hey Gatorbaiter....sorry to hear about the lakes....spent many an afternoon after class casting bugs up under those docks and to those cypress trees...can remember on 30 minute period when I brought 4 three pound bass to hand on consecutive casts using one of those old bumblebee bass bugs....hope the experts are wrong....we got 5 inches of rain here in Talllahassee yesterday with another inch predicted this afternoon....right now I am trying to figure out a spring dash to the mountains with my son...