PDA

View Full Version : Wader sizing

MarvintheRookie
01-30-2008, 01:10 PM
I know that manufacturers will be different, but as a general rule should you "size to fit" or go up one size?

I finally found some camo waders I think I can live with, a Stearns product. Any experience as to how their sizing generally goes?

hedge
01-30-2008, 02:38 PM
Hello folks. Regular visitor to the Smokies, avid fisherperson, but new to the flyfishing game.
I also have a question about waders.
Well, not about waders, but about boots to wear with them.
Santa brought me a nice pair of waders that I can't wait to use. They seem to fit fine, but I am having a hard time putting a pair of boots on over the footies.
How many sizes up should I go?
All advice appreciated.
Later, hedge.

MtnMike
01-30-2008, 02:50 PM
For waders, I think that every manufacturer is different and I suggest you try before you buy.
As for wading boots, in street shoes I wear a 10 1/2 a size 11 wading boot seems to always work out right. Again try before you buy.

hedge
01-30-2008, 02:52 PM
Thank you, and I will definitely take the waders with me to try on boots.

MarvintheRookie
01-30-2008, 05:00 PM
Unfortunately, I have been unable to find a pair local so I am going to have to "wing it" on this one.
LRO doesn't seem carry camo waders or I would just grab some in may when I get down there.

BuckeyeRick
02-08-2008, 10:17 AM
For both waders and boots, I go one size up. I fish for Steelies and the extra room is great when I wear very thick socks and up to 4 layers on my legs and 3 on my torso. I don't find it to be too much in the summer when I only have one layer on. Also, I hate being in tight clothing.

Gerry Romer
02-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Definitely try before you buy. I have two pair of waders and two pair of boots. Right now, the fit combinations seem endless.

The booties on my SIMMS stockingfoot waders fit really well with my Korkers size 10 boots but are way too loose inside my Chota STL boots - especially after I've been in the water a while. I just christened my new Orvis Pro Guide 2 waders on Sunday and, although the Orvis bootie is a better, tighter, more anatomical fit than the SIMMS bootie I could barely get the Orvis bootie into my Korkers. I haven't tried them yet with the Chota boots, but I'm guessing they'll be a perfect fit.

Gerry