PDA

View Full Version : wv in the mix

hedge
01-30-2008, 02:50 PM
New member checking in.
I have been fishing for years, but mostly for bass, where I pull up to my spot, get out of the car and fish. I have been to the Smokies twice seeking some trout and actually caught a few. Boy, is trout flyfishing different. I found myself gearing up at the car forever before getting a line wet.
You guys and gals on this board are the best. I check in all the time and have learned so much.
I am hooked, just like those trout I will hopefully catch this year.
Happy fishing!
-- Rick, in Huntington, WV

MarvintheRookie
01-30-2008, 04:58 PM
Howdy there neighbor!

Hard to beat the Smokies, Huh?
A buddy of mine turned me on to there and this fly fishing game last spring. Still seems like an awful lot of trouble to catch a fish but I may be hooked. For a trip or two a year anyway.

I'm more of a Catfishing-type guy myself but, if it swims, I will persue it!

LOL! The sad fact is, I would fish in a mud puddle if I had no other place.

As a youngster I spent an inordinate amount of time fishing Four Pole Creek there in town and many of the things I learned there served me well on the Little River.
Keep an eye peeled and you might just see me down there practicing with the fly rod this spring.

nvr2L8
01-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Hedge,

I can relate to the long prep time - I use to spin fish in the Smokies and I could just jump out of the car and be in the water in a flash. But whatever time I spend now in prep is worth it many times over. It becomes part of the whole FF ritual.

Welcome aboard!