PDA

View Full Version : Spring Fly Swap

Trouttater
02-04-2008, 07:50 AM
Hey all,

I know it has been brought up a few times, but is there any interest in a fly swap for the spring? Last years spring swap was good with some good looking flies exchanged by tiers ranging from beginners to experienced skill levels. If we can get 8 to 12 interested, we will give it a go. Any suggestions on a theme are welcome.

Brad

stickbait
02-04-2008, 12:06 PM
I would be interested.........

stickbait

Flyfishjeep
02-04-2008, 01:14 PM
I am in. Just let me know what and when.
-Ben

highpockets
02-04-2008, 04:44 PM
myself and two others that I know for sure would be in!!!!

Troutman
02-05-2008, 11:01 AM
I'm up for it again. How about a Smoky Mtn. yellow flies theme? dries or nymphs.

rainshaker
02-05-2008, 12:28 PM
I've been absent from this thread a while...but had a great time participating in a GSM themed swap we did about a year ago?.......If memory serves

Anyway, I'd be game for another....count me in

racereno
02-05-2008, 06:35 PM
I would be up for it...and I like the idea of smoky mountain yellow flies theme.

Trouttater
02-06-2008, 07:31 AM
Looks like it will be a go with at least 8. The SMY theme works for me. Let's see if we have any other takers and I will send a post with the details on Sunday night (2/10).

Brad

buckeyetrouter
02-06-2008, 07:57 AM
sounds like a good tie....I might be in, just trying to figure out if my travel schedule will let me participate this time...will let you know by weekend....

buckeyetrouter

Elk riverrat
02-06-2008, 08:15 AM
I'm interested, sign me up if you still have a spot.

buckeyetrouter
02-06-2008, 05:50 PM
I believe I will have the time....count me in if there are spots left open.....

buckeyetrouter

Troutman
02-12-2008, 11:07 AM
Any word on this swap yet?

rainshaker
02-12-2008, 02:32 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmm ....I don't know ........awaiting tying orders

buckeyetrouter
02-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Brad.....were you going to be the swap meister or were you looking for someone? I would volunteer but I don't think it would make much sense to ship the flies to Ohio to have me ship them back to the participants....

let us know what you are thinking, or if you want someone else to run with it .....I'm sure that would be ok also.....looks like there would be a good group..

buckeyetrouter

nunavut4
02-12-2008, 11:13 PM
I am fairly new to fly tying but I would really like to be part of the swap if you have room for one more.

Thanks
Mark

buckeyetrouter
02-13-2008, 07:48 AM
looks like there are enough for the tie.....looks like this (if your name shows up on this list and you are not intereseted please let us know asap):

buckeyetrouter - Blackburn Tellico Nymph
trouttater
stickbait
flyfishjeep
highpockets
troutman
rainshaker
racereno
elk riverrat
nunavut4

are we going with a spring smokies pattern.....didn't someone mention a "yellow" smokies pattern.....we gotta decide and also decide who is the flymeister to facilitate this swap.....

buckeyetrouter
02-13-2008, 07:42 PM
I will volunteer the "Blackburn Tellico Nymph" tie as this is one that we learned in the advanced class at LRO this past weekend.....( it is yellow if that is what everyone wants to go with)

call em out fellows.....I can run this if nobody else is intereseted, just thought it might be a tad better for someone closer if they were interested....just let me know. I think we can call out ties before we get the administrator set.......

buckeyetrouter

racereno
02-13-2008, 09:38 PM
count me in for a yellow stimulator

Troutman
02-13-2008, 10:16 PM
foam yellow sally

Flyfishjeep
02-13-2008, 11:31 PM
I live in South Knox and shouldn't have any trouble mailing out the flies from my work. Buckeye would have a bit more shipping costs and time involved.

trouttater
stickbait
flyfishjeep ---Sulphur
highpockets
troutman ---- Foam Yellow Sally
rainshaker
racereno --- Yellow Stimulator
elk riverrat
nunavut4

We should try to set a date to have the flies finished by so this doesn't drag out too long. If we could have the flies done by March 14th. it will give us one month for everyone to finish. If they are all done sooner I will not hesitate to send them out
Send me your mailing address to flyfishjeep@hotmail.com and tell me what fly you are tying.
Everyone will need to make 10 flies each. Everyone will receive one fly of each unless you want to make 2 for everyone.
Thanks for the interest in the fly swap.
Let me know if you guys have any questions.

buckeyetrouter
02-14-2008, 07:42 AM
thanks Ben....I agree it would be less costly to be centered in your area. If you (search) the listing fly swaps and look for "Griff" you will get some good info on running this, he had a nice page with guidelines and suggestions for shipping etc........

Would everyone be o.k. with tying 2 flies per participant? just a suggestion....as the tree trout usually gets the fly you really like and this would give you a pattern to try and recreate....maybe even sending the recipe along with the flies......

buckeyetrouter

try this Ben : http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7973&highlight=fly+swap

rainshaker
02-14-2008, 10:22 AM
Well, I be....

If Racereno is brave enough to tie stimulators then sign me up for a Yellow parachute adams.

Just to clarify... 20 flies per participant...correct?

Elk riverrat
02-14-2008, 10:55 AM
I'll do a Yellow Foam-Back Sparkle Dun

Flyfishjeep
02-14-2008, 01:38 PM
trouttater
stickbait
flyfishjeep ---Sulphur
highpockets
rainshaker --- Yellow parachute adams
elk riverrat ---Yellow foam back sparkle dun
nunavut4

-Please try to be on time with theses flies.
-Due date of March 14th.
-20 flies tied each.
-Send a toe tag on each fly describing size and what it is.
-Send your flies in a crushproof container with a return self-addressed envelope with return postage. The little plastic boxes you get when you buy flies from LRO work well. What ever box you send your flies in will be returned to you.
-email me at flyfishjeep@hotmail.com and I will send you my mailing address

Fishermansfly
02-14-2008, 04:34 PM
What else would you guys like to see? I'm up for a challenge!

rainshaker
02-14-2008, 05:22 PM
You could tie a Yellow Humpy or maybe a TN Wulff...

Just throwing out suggestions

racereno
02-14-2008, 10:20 PM
first one off the vise http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj177/wmcollier/P2140007.jpg

nunavut4
02-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Yellowhammer soft hackle. flyfishjeep, I will email you my contact and shipping info.

Fishermansfly
02-14-2008, 11:28 PM
Is this dry fly only?? Smokies flies? Would anyone want a nymph? I wish my camera worked right now!

Flyfishjeep
02-15-2008, 01:07 AM
Fishermans fly will be the last addition to the list. This way we don't have to make way to many flies.
Tiers, make sure you make 22 total flies!

Nymphs and Wet flies are welcome just like any other flies.

Update:
trouttater
stickbait
flyfishjeep ---Sulphur
highpockets
nunavut4 ---Yellow Hammer Soft Hackle
Fishermansfly

buckeyetrouter
02-15-2008, 06:08 AM
if you guys want drys only I can pick another fly......just say the word.....

happy tying
buckeyetrouter

Fishermansfly
02-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Alright I guess a Yellow Humpy it is and I may even throw something in on the side! Where are you all going to get the toe tags?

~Brett

rainshaker
02-15-2008, 03:56 PM
for tags, I'll just print a column of 22 lines(my username in a small font)on thick paper then break-out the scissors. It's a little tedious but it saves me from having to buy things like say.....................adhesive labels, for instance. :biggrin:

Flyfishjeep
02-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Update:
trouttater
stickbait
flyfishjeep ---Sulphur
highpockets
Fishermansfly-- Yellow Humpy

stickbait
02-16-2008, 03:40 PM
Nymphs are fine with me. I haven't decided what I'm going to tie myself. Maybe a King's River Caddis in Yellow or a STICKBAIT nymph, not necessarily yellow.

Stickbait

Trouttater
02-16-2008, 04:44 PM
Hey guys,

I am alive, but sometimes it feels like barely. Sorry to drop of the face of the earth last week. Buckeye and Flyfishjeep, thanks for picking it up. Count me in for a yellow sally Elk Hair Caddis.

buckeyetrouter
02-16-2008, 06:40 PM
hey trouttater.....you doing ok??? would be more than happy to put some prayers in for you if needed.....just asking, and welcome to the tie - it looks like it will be a good one.......

buckeyetrouter

Flyfishjeep
02-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Update:
trouttater --- Yellow Sally Elk Hair Caddis
stickbait
flyfishjeep ---Sulphur
highpockets

stickbait
02-16-2008, 10:20 PM
Since we're focusing on yellow, I'll tie a Partridge and Yellow.

Stickbait

Fishermansfly
02-16-2008, 11:41 PM
Any outside fly fisherman that's ever been to the Smokies in the summer can tell that's what were getting accomplished in this segment of fly swap! Yellow....I believe that's one of Paula's favorite one liner's.....

Question to Paula from a visitor at the store; "What are they eating?"
Paula's reply; "Yellow, yellow, yellow!"

Can't tell you how many times I heard this while at the store this past summer!

Oh, and one more thing I'm not likely to forget anytime soon...Thanks Rainshaker for reminding me why it's easier to drive to Townsend, pay $1.65, and walk away happy with a nicely tied dry fly...I did say challenge, and don't worry they look good! I think I pushed two out in about 40 minutes in between watching a movie! As soon as I get my camera back from Best Buy, I'll be sure to post some pictures!

Till then TIGHT BOBBINS!
~Brett

buckeyetrouter
02-17-2008, 02:36 PM
here is the blackburn tellico nymph I will be tying, I'm waiting on the turkey tail feather and some of the special dubbing mix....hope to start tuesday if my order gets here. This is the pattern that Walter Babb taught us using his dubbing and the Blackburn pattern weighted with 10 wraps of .025 lead free wire......

buckeyetrouter

ps.....had to use a wing feather on this one.....do ya think the trout would ask each other what the heck was wrong with this nymph???????

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l303/buckeyetrouter/blackburntelliconymph.jpg

rainshaker
02-18-2008, 12:55 AM
You're welcome, Brett.....I'm sure the Humpys will be fine.....I'm in the same boat with my para-wing.....I'm just now starting to turn some out I'm not ashamed of. I try to think about tying (like actually fishing) as another skill which requires one overcome many obstacles.....and not necessarily a time or money saver .

I heard Jack Dennis say once, out of all the flies he's tied, he never tied one he thought was "perfect."

Stay at it....I'll keep churning as well

BTW...racereno, buckeye they are looking awesome!! A+

Gerry Romer
02-18-2008, 01:39 AM
Brett's camera is still down. Hope this helps... here's the Humpy he's tying.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l233/gwrom/Brettshumpy1.jpg

Next question. Anyone interested in Daniel's infamous Yellow Neversink Caddis?? I'm working on it and I could probably bang out a few.

Gerry

Fishermansfly
02-18-2008, 02:38 AM
It's time you got yourself a new camera! Your right the macro stinks! I'll sell you mine when I get it back from the real nice "dude" at Best Buy!

Flyfishjeep
02-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Update:
stickbait --- Yellow Partridge
flyfishjeep ---Sulphur
highpockets

I hope everyone is having fun tying these flies. I am getting anxious to try them on the water.

rainshaker
02-18-2008, 05:41 PM
Beggars can't be choosers, as they say....I'll gladly accept bonus flies if you guys are in the spirit of giving.

Flyfishjeep
02-18-2008, 11:57 PM
I second rainshaker, my fly box has a good mix, and I am always up to trying new flies. Of course I will have to return the favor to the best of my abilities.

rainshaker
02-19-2008, 09:57 AM
But seriously folks.....whats the protocol for receiving the fore mentioned bonus patterns. Does that mean I add 2 more flies/patterns to the initial 22 ?

I don't want to leave anyone "short" :eek:

Flyfishjeep
02-19-2008, 05:03 PM
Article 42b section 39, paragraph 4, line 23 of the spring fly swap guidelines rule book clearly states that "All addtional bonus flies are a gift to the recipient, and in no way constitutes a return fly unless that person wants too."
If we were to keep adding flies to the mix we would never get to swap due to the amount of flies for each tier. I don't believe anyone will turn down a free fly from a fellow tyer, so if I receive extra flies from you guys I will distribute them accordingly.
If Gerry were to specify that some tyers are getting a certain pattern that he added, I will add those flies to that persons return package.

I hope this helps clarify the "Bonus Fly" question.

thanks for the question rainshaker!

Tight Bobbins

rainshaker
02-20-2008, 01:09 AM
SWEET :cool:

Gerry Romer
02-20-2008, 02:00 AM
Article 42b section 39, paragraph 4, line 23 of the spring fly swap guidelines rule book clearly states that "All addtional bonus flies are a gift to the recipient, and in no way constitutes a return fly unless that person wants too."
If we were to keep adding flies to the mix we would never get to swap due to the amount of flies for each tier. I don't believe anyone will turn down a free fly from a fellow tyer, so if I receive extra flies from you guys I will distribute them accordingly.
If Gerry were to specify that some tyers are getting a certain pattern that he added, I will add those flies to that persons return package.

I hope this helps clarify the "Bonus Fly" question.

thanks for the question rainshaker!

Tight Bobbins

I hereby specify that I am slowly going blind tying 24 Yellow Foam Neversink Caddis (surely there's another name for these things...) made famous by Daniel last summer. I further specify that just to mess things up a little bit, these will be divided as follows: 12 size 16 Neversink and 12 size 14 Neversink.

I hope I've been specific enough :biggrin:

Gerry

Fishermansfly
02-20-2008, 04:01 AM
Doc's Cork!

rainshaker
02-22-2008, 06:27 PM
Only eleven more of these little beauties ...

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/spencer73/paraadams005.jpg

Flyfishjeep
02-24-2008, 02:00 PM
Does anyone know how to get in touch with Highpockets?
We will need him to let us know if he is participating in this swap.
If not we will be swapping a few less flies than expected.

Update:
flyfishjeep ---Sulphur
highpockets

Trouttater
02-24-2008, 05:45 PM
Started working on the batch. I haven't tied for a while and I am rusty. So far the pics shown have been great.

Buckeye, send me an email at bsalsbury@cannon-cannon.com. I wanted to talk about turkey feathers with you.

Brad

Troutman
02-25-2008, 08:35 AM
I am going to change my selection from a foam yellow sally to a golden stonefly nymph. I looked like we were getting some repetition with the other sallies and the never sink caddis. I like tying stonefly patterns anyways.
Change me over to a latex golden stone.

Flyfishjeep
02-25-2008, 01:28 PM
Update:
flyfishjeep ---Sulphur
highpockets
troutman ---- Latex Golden Stone

nunavut4
02-25-2008, 10:41 PM
Half way there. I am a slow tier, but I hope to be done by the weekend.

buckeyetrouter
02-29-2008, 06:42 AM
all ready to go into mail today.....now gotta get to tying for the other spring swap.....

Trouttater, thanks again for your assistance....

bob

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l303/buckeyetrouter/blackburntelliconymph.jpg

Troutman
02-29-2008, 10:32 AM
Several more to go before I can get them finished, but this is what I'm sending out.
A latex golden stonefly.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/gltroutman/flies015.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/gltroutman/flies017.jpg
Trout snacks
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/gltroutman/flies018-1.jpg

Flyfishjeep
03-01-2008, 02:23 PM
Rainshaker strikes first!
I received your flies today. They all look great. What size hook did you tie them on? I want to write it on the back of your tag.
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m220/benandgeorgialee/08flyswap003.jpg
Thanks again,
Ben

Troutman
03-02-2008, 06:50 PM
20 golden stones ready to deliver. FlyFishJeep send me your address via email to gltroutman at gmail dot com. I'll put the toe tags on them and mail out this week. I made a couple of changes to the fly from before. I hope you all like them.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/gltroutman/flies110.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/gltroutman/flies111.jpg

buckeyetrouter
03-02-2008, 07:02 PM
dang Troutman.....those look great, I think I may take a bite of one when it gets here........

bob

rainshaker
03-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Rainshaker strikes first!
I received your flies today. They all look great. What size hook did you tie them on? I want to write it on the back of your tag.

Hook size: TMC 5212 - 14

Thanks for the compliments. As I wrote in my e-mail, I had one fly escape, but was able to hand it over to racereno.

thanks again:smile:

stickbait
03-03-2008, 04:49 PM
What are you guys using for tags and what was it again that we are suppose to put on the tag.

stickbait

Flyfishjeep
03-03-2008, 09:13 PM
I would like to see your forum name, Hook size and style #, and if possible to fit it, the name of the fly.

buckeyetrouter
03-03-2008, 09:19 PM
I just used the "labels" mode in windows and chose the 30 per page....

they look like this:

Buckeyetrouter (Bob)
#12 Blackburn Tellico Nymph
w/10 wraps of .025 lead free

stickbait
03-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Flies are done, working on tags and will get them in the mail by thursday. Great looking flies so far.

Stickbait

Elk riverrat
03-05-2008, 02:06 AM
put mine in the mail Tuesday afternoon.

Flyfishjeep
03-06-2008, 10:07 PM
I received your flies today. I will post pictures of everyones once I get them all. Your flies look great.

To the rest of us:
The deadline is the 14th which is next friday!!!

Tight Bobbins!

nunavut4
03-07-2008, 12:01 AM
I put mine in the mail today.

Can't wait to see everyone's creations and of course to use them.

Mark

Flyfishjeep
03-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Troutman, I received your flies today. They look sweet. I can't wait to use them. What material did you use for the backs of the fly?

Troutman
03-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Glad they arrived safe. Those flies took me 15 minutes average per fly, not counting prepping materials. I used mottled translucent thin-skin for the shellbacks. Very easy material to work with.

If you've ever participated in the stream electrofishing surveys in the park, you'll know why I tie the stoneflies so big. They are a good meal for brown trout best fished on a tight line ,highstickin.

Trouttater
03-08-2008, 08:29 PM
I finished the batch today and will get them in the mail on Monday. I ran out of size 14 hooks on number 17 and had to switch to a size 16 2x for the rest, so the bodies are all the same size, but a few of the hooks are smaller. On a positive note, I love Whiting saddles!!. 24 flies on 2 1/2 feathers. Definately worth the price.

Brad

stickbait
03-10-2008, 03:21 PM
OK, Flies are officially in the mail today. Ben there may be an extra or two in the pile, if so you are welcome to keep them since you have been our gracious host.

Stickbait

Flyfishjeep
03-10-2008, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the bonus gift. My fly box thanks you.
The hardest part of hosting is keeping my 2 1/2 yr old out of the boxes. He loves looking at all the flies. He is good about sitting on my lap while I tie flies, although being so young his attention span is only a couple minutes.

DEADLINE is Friday!!!!!
I hope everyone is enjoying these last few days before we get our early Easter presents!!!!

buckeyetrouter
03-12-2008, 08:20 PM
hey Ben..... have you recieved my flies yet, kinda worried about the snail mail since you haven't said you got them yet......

bob

Flyfishjeep
03-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Buckeye, Stickbait and Racereno all of your flies have arrived safely.

Buckeye- your are the first person to tie 23 flies...
Would you like to donate them to a random drawing or do you want them back?

We are only officially swaping 20 flies since Highpockets never responded. If the other tyers don't specify that they want their extra flies back I will do a random drawing and add them to that persons fly box.

Thanks again for your hard work on these flies.
-Ben

buckeyetrouter
03-12-2008, 10:19 PM
just call it a donation to the moderator.....ya gotta have some benifits for your efforts......

bob

Flyfishjeep
03-13-2008, 07:34 AM
Buckeye,
Thank you for the donation. They will be well used.

Flyfishjeep
03-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Nunavut4- I havn't received your flies yet. I'm a little worried that the mail system misplaced them. Please let me know if you didn't send them on the 7th. like you posted so I don't have to worry about them.

Trouttater- Your 20 little beauties made their way into my mailbox. They look great. Thank you.

nunavut4
03-13-2008, 08:45 PM
Dang! I hate to hear that. I did send the flies out on the 7th. I Dropped them off at the Karns post office. If they do not show up before the deadline you can send the extra flies to the other guys. However, if they eventually turn up keep a couple for your troubles and please return the rest. Just my luck.

Mark

Flyfishjeep
03-15-2008, 10:32 AM
Update:
buckeyetrouter - Blackburn Tellico Nymph --Received
trouttater --- Yellow Sally Elk Hair Caddis --Received
stickbait --- Yellow Partridge --Received
flyfishjeep ---Sulphur --Received of course!
highpockets-Deleted from Swap
troutman ---- Foam Yellow Sally --Received
rainshaker --- Yellow parachute adams --Received
racereno --- Yellow Stimulator --Received
elk riverrat ---Yellow foam back sparkle dun --Received
nunavut4 ---Yellow Hammer Soft Hackle --Lost in mail system temporarily
Fishermansfly-- Yellow Humpy --Hopefully mailed on Friday!

The mail system took yesterday off. I will keep everyone else posted when the last two sets of flies arrive. If nunavut4's flies don't show by Wed. I will ship out what I have received. If anyone has any questions please let me know before I ship out the flies.

Thanks to everyone for doing such a great job so far on this swap.

Fishermansfly
03-15-2008, 07:45 PM
Mine have yet to make it to the postal system....Need an address to ship too! Maybe I missed something and I've been entierly consumed with work and little pleasure...There tied just need a location to drop em, and an address to send um!

~Brett

Flyfishjeep
03-18-2008, 12:47 PM
All the flies have been divided and are awaiting their release. I will wait another day or two to see if Nunavut4's flies show up.
If they don't I would like to send him his portion of the flies since he is bummed out about his situation. It would be a nice bonus to brighten up his day.

Nunavut4- please send me an email with your address so I can send some flies your way.

Thanks to everyone, all the flies look great, and I will try to post some pictures of them all for everyone to see.

Flymeister Ben

buckeyetrouter
03-18-2008, 05:15 PM
I agree with ya Ben....I would send the flies also, can't blame him for something being lost in the mail system........ya never know, they may show up in August with an appology from the postal service:biggrin: , afterall they only handle 6,456,878,4323,4565,677765,433,45,678,78,7655,57,7 8 pcs of mail per week........

bob

nunavut4
03-18-2008, 09:06 PM
Hi Guy's,

I really hope my flies do show up at some point. A lot of sweat went into each one and I hope they do not go to waste. If you do decide to send me the other flies I will have to order some more material and and send each of you the flies individualy. Hope all of you are getting to fish or plan to get out soon.

Take Care,
Mark

stickbait
03-18-2008, 11:34 PM
No worries about the flies, it's not like any of us need an excuse to tie more flies. Things just happen.

Stickbait

Trouttater
03-19-2008, 01:12 PM
Don't worry about the flies, pay it back by helping a kid on a stream and keep you eyes open for the next swap. This is the second year in a row we have done a spring swap and from the looks of it there may be enough interest to do a couple a year. Maybe a spring and fall swap?

Brad

Flyfishjeep
03-20-2008, 11:42 AM
Well I am too young to remember Elvis, but your flies have left the house. I mailed them out today, so please keep your eyes out for them.
If you guys wouldn't mind letting me know when you received them. You can either post on here or send me an email to flyfishjeep@hotmail.com

Thanks for everyones participation.

For those guys that have good camera's:
If someone wouldn't mind taking a picture of the flies and posting them on the board I would appreciate it. I know that there are people who are anxious to see what we all have been tying that did not participate.

Thanks again,
Ben

Fishermansfly
03-22-2008, 11:56 AM
Got um today! Those are some awesome flies from all guys! Gary my daughter is actually scared of your fly! Nah, she was when she didn't realize what it was! I think I was aware of everthing else I was going to get with the exception of the Yellow Foam Back Sparkle Dun! That is one interesting fly! I've never seen anything quite like it and really feel like playing with it! Sulpher in color and of course BWO, I might actually start tying dries again!!!

It'll be good to put em to use!

I'll try and manage some shot's of the flies before heading off to work today!

Great work to all who participated!
Now we got to put them to work stream side!

~Brett

Troutman
03-22-2008, 02:49 PM
Got mine today. All very nice flies. Thanks to everyone.
Brett, my intention was not to scare little girls, especially when their daddy carries a gun!

stickbait
03-24-2008, 05:27 PM
The flies arrived today. Thanks to everyone who tied bugs and a special thanks to our host. Look forward to swapping again.

Stickbait

buckeyetrouter
03-24-2008, 06:58 PM
got my flies today also....wow...nice collection! ! ! can't wait to start throwing them......unfortunately they are calling for snow tonight and looks like next week at the earliest I will get to wet a line.....

do you want me to shoot and post the flies?

bob

Flyfishjeep
03-24-2008, 07:10 PM
Bob-
If you have the time to post pics of the flies I would appreciate it. I know that you can take great pics, so don't dissapoint us. Ha Ha Ha...
Be brave and get some ice on the rod!

rainshaker
03-24-2008, 11:15 PM
well it seems as if we got some bona fide fly tiers in this group. Got the flies in the mail today, and I have to say I was impressed with all of them. In fact, I just might have to go put these on the water this weekend.

Great Job everyone!!

Elk riverrat
03-25-2008, 07:16 AM
great job to all tyers, I got my flies yesterday, Thanks

Trouttater
03-25-2008, 07:20 PM
I'm hoping mine haven't gone the way of nunavut4's flies. This is killing me. My wife is way over me calling at 4, not to check on her and the kids, but to see if my flies have come yet. I think today may have been the last straw. The two year old didn't nap, the five year old was hopped up on sugar from spending the morning with her grandmother, both are crying and I made the mistake of saying,
"Hi honey, I'm covered up and you may be late to bible study, but did my flies come in the mail today?"

Not one of my brighter moves and may have destroyed chances for fishing this weekend. The worst part is, they are still not here. Oh, the pain!

She did make to bible study, a little late, but she still made it. Hopefully she will talk to me when she gets home. The kids quit crying and are playing with "Fun Daddy" and hopefully my flies will come in the mail tomorrow.

Anxiously and Impatiently Waiting,

Brad

nunavut4
03-25-2008, 10:03 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you! I got my flies today and they look great. I really appreciate you all including me in the swap even though my flies never showed up.

That is one of the things about fly fisher people I really like. I do not think that I have ever meet, or not meet, a nicer buch of folks. Always willing to share your knowledge and enthusiasm for the sport.

Karma say that I must repay the favor to the fishing community at large and I will the best that I can.

Thanks to all again!

Mark

Trouttater
03-26-2008, 08:38 PM
THEY HAVE ARRIVED!!!! Birds are singing, children are laughing and all is right with the world. Obviously I am quite excited. You all did a great job on the flies and I look forward to fishing them.

Jill did get me back for yesterday. She got to mail first and held the flies hostage until after I had bathed both kids and got them in bed. Sneaky, but I may be out of the doghouse.

Brad

Flyfishjeep
03-30-2008, 01:56 PM
Have you received your flies? I havn't heard from you and your the last one to reply. Let me know that ya got um.
-Ben

racereno
03-30-2008, 08:19 PM
Yes i rcvd my flies and they are great...sorry i was slow to respond but i have been using those new flies like crazy

buckeyetrouter
04-02-2008, 10:02 PM
hope this works out, if not I will post in another fashion.....thanks for the flies guys, can't wait to get them wet......

whomever tries this first, please let me know if you were able to see the slide show

bob

click on this picture one time
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l303/buckeyetrouter/th_DSC_0016-2.jpg (http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l303/buckeyetrouter/?action=view&current=fa002620.pbw)

Stonefly
04-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Have to double-click on Flyfishjeep's Sulphur, then it takes off. Very nice flies -- love the Blackburn Tellico from Buckeyetrouter, and Stickbait's soft hackle, and...well, all of 'em.

sb

Flyfishjeep
04-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Nice work Bob!!!
Thanks for taking the time to put that together.
I hope everyone else can enjoy the flies and the pictures.
-Ben