PDA

View Full Version : Abrams 2-10

2weightfavorite
02-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Well, we made the traverse through the cove this afternoon and of course i brought along my fly rod. Now I only got to fish for 20 minutes, and believe me, I had to beg for those 20 minutes (as today was a family outing, not a fishing trip). But when we stopped at the mill for a potty break, i made a break for the stream. I fished the hole directly behind the barn, and the hole above that. I caught nothing, not even a bite, but i did however see alot of little stones, the usual size 20's and 18's. The water however was perfect, clear and at a great level. I can't wait to get back there for a little while longer, and maybe with some waders...

pmike
02-11-2008, 12:43 PM
...about that area. It's such a pretty little creek, but I seem to have read eslewhere that the fishing was'nt much if any good along there. Did you happen to check the water temp? It's funny how the temperature can vary from one area to the other. I notice how warm, (at least relatively), the little creek is that flows into Abram's at the trailhead. It must be at least several degrees warmer than even the Spring Creek portion of Abram's.

Mike

sammcdonald
02-11-2008, 04:03 PM
a family of otters lives behind the mill...that might contribute to a lack of fish.