PDA

View Full Version : More work for Byron?

adirondack46r
02-20-2008, 09:38 AM
Hey Byron,

I’ve only been to West Yellowstone and Craign Mathews' shop (Blue Ribbon Flies) once but two things I’ll always look forward to – going back someday, and reading their annual “Year in Review”. It always makes me remember the rivers and the hatches and the fish that I caught those two weeks I spent there several summers ago. Not only that, it's a really nice summary of the hatch activity and new flies that worked and didn't work, etc.

I know what you're thinking. This bozo thinks I'm just sitting around at the shop bored looking for things do do. I might be the only one but I would love to see something similar for our area.

Not to plagiarize a BRF concept, but I think it would be a nice addition to the website.

Just a thought. Now get back to work.

Bob

mtnman2888
02-20-2008, 10:36 AM
I would have to agree that it is a cool concept and i too enjoy reading brf's year in review. A year in review for the smokies is a good idea and with byron's writing skills it would be a very entertaining read, however, i won't hold it against them if they decide not to do it. I would imagine it is a lot of hard work to ensure that everything is correct and written out in a way that everyone is happy about.

Craig

adirondack46r
02-20-2008, 10:55 AM
I think one of the reasons it works for BRF is that Craig Mathews is a meticulous note keeper. But personally, I think Byron is a better writer. ;-)