PDA

View Full Version : Green River, Utah

MtnMike
02-21-2008, 09:20 PM
I have a friend who is headed out west for an extented RV trip. He plans to do some fly fishing while out there, He is looking for information on the Green River. Anyone here been there? What do you think? Any sections or outfitters that you would recommend? He will probably be in the area late May to early June. I thought I remembered something on the Green on this board before or it may have been in one of Byron's fishing reports, but I couldn't find it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mike

dk
02-21-2008, 10:10 PM
Several of us floated the Green River last summer....Incredible trip. The best is the first section immediately below the ****. Probably more fish than anywhere per mile.Fishing was great and scenery was incredible. Highly recommended. We used www.oldmoeguideservice.com Terry Collier.Check website and call his wife. There are 3 sections If you plan to camp you can do more than one but really first section is what most people do. Only a couple places to stay in Dutch John area Wew stayed immediately over the state line in Wyoming at a ranch. Gayle Collier will help you.

MtnMike
02-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Thanks dk, also just hoping that pulling this back-up will cause some more folks to take a look at it. If you have been there I would love to hear from you.

Mike

keepflyfishin
04-17-2008, 10:56 PM
The best area to fish on the Green River is not below flaming gorge but below Fontenelle dam. It is perhaps the last truly undiscovered fly fishing destination in the US. I have fished both areas many times. I fished the upper green last year on July 4th and you would think the river would have been packed full of fisherman, not so. I fished with 2 other guides and we did not see another boat or fisherman on our entire float trip.