PDA

View Full Version : Clinch River Access

Green Weenie
02-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Does anyone know how one might gain access to the areas upriver from the jail? Or, I suppose I should ask, is anyone willing to share such information?

monktrout
02-22-2008, 04:56 PM
Gweenie, The RR tracks give good walk-in access if you don't mind the hoof. I made a long June trek up the tracks about ten years ago in a pair of neoprene's. Not a pretty moment. I would pack in my waders and boots and you can make good time. Haven't been up that track in a while. Good luck, Monk

golfballs03
02-22-2008, 05:43 PM
There's a little road/trail that goes up there through the field. It's private but I couldn't imagine that it's that big of a deal. Otherwise, the train tracks are there, but that could get dicey.

Rockyraccoon
02-23-2008, 02:35 PM
Gentlemen,

Please make sure any land you use to access the river isn't private. If it is private, make sure to ask for permission first.

IF the landowners deny you access, respect their wishes and thank them for their time. If they do allow you to access, which some will, treat the land like your own and leave it better than you found it if possible.

Some land owners are great about allowing access, others were once good about granting access until their land was disrespected (ie. trash, tearing up fences, etc).

BTW, I'm pretty sure that the RR tracks run through all private property and will not reach any water without crossing private property.