PDA

View Full Version : Vacation planning time

TroutDude
02-23-2008, 01:18 AM
After reading the thread about tying flies for a Yellowstone trip, I'm wondering where you all are headed this year?

Emigrant,MT July 10-19.

FLYFSN
02-23-2008, 02:18 AM
Are you a member of DCFF? They are going to Waynesville, NC. in early May. I will be fishing that area one week. Then back to the Cumberland River, that is one place I can't stay away from. That is my vacation planning for this year.

Paul

Grousegunner
02-23-2008, 01:15 PM
Other than a planned trip to Montana, I'd really like to make a weekend trip up to West Virginia to fish the Cranberry River.

Like FLYFSN, I am also anxiously awaiting the bountiful spring fishing on the Cumberland River. It's only about a month away, Paul...

Grousegunner

TroutDude
02-24-2008, 07:57 AM
No, I'm not a member of DCFF but was a couple years ago.

Flyfishjeep
02-24-2008, 12:13 PM
The wife and I havn't decided between the two.
Our first option is to head south to Cape San Blas on the Florida panhandle. Byron recommended it, and it looks like and incredible family and fishing destination.
The other spot would be up in Minnesota to visit family and fish.
The rivers up there are not fished nearly as much as the lakes. You can find some great fishing without seeing another person.
I am leaning towards Florida due to the variety of fish, and the scenery is wonderful. Don't get me wrong, MN is beautiful, but living in TN doesn't give MN much of a chance on scenery.

irfishing
02-24-2008, 01:11 PM
The last of August it will be fishing for silvers, trout and dolly varden in Alaska.
Was there last June. Fantastic place with unbelievable fishing and scenery.

UofMontanaAlum
02-24-2008, 03:01 PM
2 Montana fishing trips this year :biggrin:
June 4-10, Missouri between Holter Dam and Cascade MT.
July 12-20, Swan River, Blackfoot River and S.Fork of the FLathead River.

Depending on winter conditions, I will be in MT for Christmas. I'm sure we will try to catch a few then too.

doghaircaddis
02-24-2008, 06:12 PM
No big fishing trips for me this year. SW Montana and Yellowstone are a heaven on earth that I'll have to wait another year to go back to.