PDA

View Full Version : Waiting..........

mstone
02-24-2008, 02:40 AM
Still waiting for the first chance to get on the stream, a creek, somewhere! Been away from the board for a while and its been much longer since I,ve thrown a fly line. Oh I got out on the big river with some friends to find some crappie but it's been late October since I've caught a trout. That's what an addiction to hunting will do for you. Some of the best days that you could ask for while hunting will remind you that it would be a good day up on so and so creek or river. For sixty to seventy days or sometimes more, I keep angling on the back burner. I endured one of the slowest seasons in years until the last few weeks of it. Best day of it was the last when I watched an excited fourteen year old boy get his first limit of mallards. I'm still trying to teach him to flycast, but he's bored with the idea. He's already caught a trout on a dry fly. Hopefully I can get him excited about floating a fly over a trout, some good ones too.
Anyway, hope everyone who is a dedicated winter fisherman has had some good days. The rain we are getting is a very welcome sign. Not sure where I will go for the first time this year but it won't matter. Have heard some good things from the tailwaters. Just a few days ago, I saw where the snowpack out west is doing great in most areas. Hope that continues. Friend of mine is in New Zealand and I can't wait to hear from him.
Next chance I get, will try to post the pics from last fall of the Montana trip.

mstone

Flyfishjeep
02-24-2008, 11:58 AM
Mstone,
Posting pics of Montana fishing will only make my cabin fever worse. Where did you stay and fish while out there?
We all can't wait for Byron to report that the fishing is on. Once that happens, I may (cough, cough) have to take a sick day from work.

mstone
02-25-2008, 08:33 AM
Flyfishjeep,
We stayed in Ennis for the first four days or so, then moved outside of West Yellowstone to stay at Enos. Spent the entire last week in Ft. Smith doing some hunting and mostly fishing on the Bighorn. It was fun to say the least. Some great dry fly action on the Bighorn.

mstone