PDA

View Full Version : How bout a pic of the snow? Webcam maybe

bamafisherlady
02-27-2008, 11:38 AM
Hey Byron,

Glad you are getting some snow. I have wanted some for a long time, but we hardly ever see it. How bout taking a pic of it and posting it, since it has been so long since I actually saw some? Here's another thought, it would be truly AWESOME if you could get a webcam there. You could get it listed and maybe it would add even more traffic to your site. Just a thought. All in favor...post it.

bamafisherlady
02-27-2008, 12:02 PM
Oh, ok. I did some some pics scrolling through. Very nice and so pretty! You are fortunate people to do what you love and live where you love it too. I still think the webcam is a great idea for you. Bet you'd be the only one there in Townsend with one.

Paula Begley
02-27-2008, 12:23 PM
bamafisherlady,

This was from our front porch this morning.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d151/psbegley/Snow.jpg

Paula

bamafisherlady
02-27-2008, 12:38 PM
Thanks, Paula. BEAUTIFUL stuff.

buzzmcmanus
02-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Here's a link to the camera on Look Rock that looks into the Smoky's.

http://www.highcountrywebcams.com/webcameras_LookRock.htm

Byron Begley
02-27-2008, 03:49 PM
The snow is melting down here and there isn't much light. I stuck my camera out the window of my office and got these. Wish I had done this earlier today.

Byron

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d151/psbegley/mountains1.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d151/psbegley/mountains2.jpg

jeffnles1
02-27-2008, 04:06 PM
I stuck my camera out the window of my office and got these.

Byron,
You're killing me. When I look out of the window in my office, I see another tall building. :frown:

I am deeply envious of your office location!

Nice pictures, thank you and Paula for sharing them with us today. They helped brighten up a cloudy, cold day in Cincinnati Ohio for sure.

Cool webcam pic on look rock too.

Jeff

flyman
02-27-2008, 04:32 PM
My wife doesn't allow me to play with the webcam and the computer any more:eek: :biggrin:

gg1262
02-27-2008, 05:43 PM
Hey Jeffnles1m, where at in Cincy? I'm over here in Delhi!

Byron (or others) it appears to me that according to the rain information on the fishing report that y'all are getting further behind on rainfall. I thought it was improving down there? Also, how does snow factor in? I've been reading up a little on the drought down there. Didn't realize just how bad it got. I think we were something like 14" behind here in Cincinnati last summer. We're going to lose a lot of trees over the next 2-3 years. Anyway, I am now more interested in precipitation than I've ever been, yours included.

Greg

Byron Begley
02-27-2008, 06:27 PM
Jeff, Just do what I did, give up that big city life and move to the mountains. I've got to warn you though, I don't make a lot of money here, but my view is excellent. After all what's more important, money or an office with a view?

Flyman, I'm sorry she won't let you play with your toys. You do have a tough time. Maybe this Spring you can go fishing and forget about your webcam and computer.

Greg,

At the Knoxville Airport we have had 7.73" this year compared to normal of 8.42". But last year during the same period we only had 3.66". The story is the same since December 1st. We've had 11.93", normal is 12.91" but last year we had only 5.75". We are still down a little from normal but much improved. Here is a link to NOAA's forcast for the drought.

http://www.cpc.noaa.gov/products/expert_assessment/season_drought.gif

Things are looking up. The snow will help too.

Byron

Byron Begley
02-27-2008, 06:39 PM
bamafisherlady,

People keep asking about webcams for fly tying demonstrations. I just haven't figured out the technology yet. My goal is to offer video on this site like others are doing. I want to do it using our own server. I really am looking into it though. If you have any information on the subject please pass it on to me. I havn't heard about having one listed. Anytime you want a photo just ask, I'll stick my camera out the window. I hope you all have had some rain down there and the fishing will improve. Thanks for being involved with the board and making good suggestions.

Byron

bamafisherlady
02-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Thanks to you all for the lovely pics. Makes up for a horrible day at the office!
I'll check out that webcam, thanks.

pmike
02-27-2008, 09:56 PM
...I find it offensive that you would post these kind of pictures of the mountains and snow. Especially since I can't just load up the car and head up that way!

I am so incredibly homesick for the mountains and especially TOWNSEND, and at this point have no idea when we are going to be able to visit again. Our oldest daughter is getting married in a couple of weeks and will be coming up for her honeymoon about the 2nd week of March. I tried to persuade her that her mother and I wouldn't get in the way if we stayed in the cabin next door, but she wouldn't cooperate. To make it even worse I just got home Monday from an unplanned visit and several day stay in one of our fine local hospitals. After almost 2 months of intermittent pain, it was determined that my gallbladder was no longer satisfied to remain a part of my life and it was removed last Sunday evening. At least I'm on the mend now so maybe I can still figure a way to marry off the oldest and stowaway for a quick trip.....at least I can dream!

God Bless,
Mike

Paula Begley
02-27-2008, 10:03 PM
Mike,

Our very best prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery...and a speedy return to the mountains.

Paula

Gerry Romer
02-27-2008, 10:22 PM
Here's a link to the camera on Look Rock that looks into the Smoky's.

http://www.highcountrywebcams.com/webcameras_LookRock.htm

Okay, so it's 9:15 PM and I'm sitting here getting caught up on the message board and I come across this cool link to the Look Rock camera...

Yeah, I clicked on it...

Now, what do y'all think shows up on that camera at 9:15 PM in Febraury? :rolleyes:

When you think about it, it's pretty amazing that they still let me drive a car!!

Gerry

pmike
02-27-2008, 11:40 PM
Don't know how much longer we can take not being up there, but it always seems like that's the way it is between trips.

I assure ya of this, we will be up as soon as it is possible. My daughter and her husband (to be) will most likely be stopping in the shop. He has come up with us before and like to fish so i am hoping the two of them might find they enjoy fishing as much as Robin and I do.

God Bless & thanks for the well wishes,
Mike

bamafisherlady
03-01-2008, 07:52 PM
Sorry it has taken so long for me to get back to you. I do know some news stations like to have multiple webcams for weather, and your location would be great for that. ABC 33/40 in B' ham has at least 10 set up all over the the Alabama. It makes for some amazing shots (one time I saw a tornado coming into Tuscaloosa from their webcam). Anyway, I surly don't have expertise in this area, but I know you can do a google search for webcams and all kinds from everywhere will come up. I don't think there's a prettier place to have a webcam on the peaceful side of the Smokies than right on top of LRO.

Byron Begley
03-01-2008, 08:22 PM
I agree. We'll "get er done" at some point. Thanks for looking into it.

Byron