PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee Cutthroat record

milligan trout degree
02-29-2008, 08:03 PM
When I bought my new license today, I picked up a copy of the Tennessee Fishing Guide. I was looking at the records, and noticed the that there is a record for a cutthroat trout someone caught out of the obey river. The record is 6 oz. Anyone caught any other cuts in the area? I know they aren't stocked regularly, but maybe there's been a mix up at a hatchery somewhere. I have a friend who swears up and down he's caught cutthroats, or atleast cutbows out of the south holston. I've seen the pictures. I think it could go either way, but I've never seen a real cutthroat, just pictures. I know they're rainbowish with an orangle lower jaw, maybe some orange on the belly, and fewer dots than a normal rainbow. Just curious if anyone else knows anything about this.

BTW, the record is from 1969

oody3wt
02-29-2008, 09:35 PM
I've pondered on that record for years now, asked around and havn't got anything that could pass as an answer.

Grumpy
02-29-2008, 10:24 PM
I'd say it escaped from the hatchery there at Dale Hollow, i do believe there are a few cutbows swimming around in TN.

Grumpy

PeteCz
02-29-2008, 10:32 PM
I've worked with several cutthroats that are way over 200 lbs. Where can I claim the record?
:eek:

kytroutman
03-01-2008, 09:41 AM
It's not uncommon for the hatcheries to release some of their older brood stock during the stocking programs. I caught a "hook jaw" last year in NC after a recent stocking.

bluefish
03-02-2008, 12:09 PM
I've worked with several cutthroats that are way over 200 lbs. Where can I claim the record?
:eek:
You'll have to get a ruling on that ons because they were on steroids and growth hormones!:smile: