Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Smoky Mountain Fishing (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Biggest Brown I've seen.. (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10202)

2weightfavorite 03-29-2008 09:20 PM

Biggest Brown I've seen..

Took a couple folks out fishing today, and being it was a half day trip figured I'd fish the afternoon myself. I stopped at a hole on the little river ( a hole i know many of you have probably fished) where i kow there's usually some pretty good bug activity. I could see before I even got to the water that the flies were everywhere. But lets skip to the great part. At the head of the pool in the faster water I saw 4, yes count them, 4, of the biggest borwns I have ever seen in the park. All were over 20 inches, the biggest being close to 24. They all were very close to one another, maybe about a 5 foot stretchof stream and all on one side of the riffle. The didn't eat like the little ones do. They would porpous, with their entire back coming out of the water( hence how i got a good look at their leangth). Anyway, I had one on and lost him, and missed twice more. I did however get some decent fish on the dry before I got sucked into fishing for the giants..

nvr2L8 03-29-2008 09:33 PM

Brown Spot

Tell you what, 2weight. You tell me where the spot is and I'll tell you if it's the same one I was thinking of.;)

sprestwood 03-29-2008 10:08 PM

9weightfavorite

browns so big you would need a large arbor for that two weight with 1000 yards backing. You tell me what river and I'll tell you if I believe it.

ChemEAngler 03-30-2008 09:52 AM

Similar Sight on Friday

2weight,
The wife and I made a trip up to the mountains on Friday afternoon for a couple of hours and I also saw a couple very large browns in a prominent pool on Little River. My wife kept making comments about how big those trout were. However, these were not taking dries. I had one make a run at my tellico nymph, but turn away at the last second.

I chose to start my day off quite high in the mountains, and I guess it was the wrong choice. I saw blue quills and quill gordons coming off everywhere, but never saw a single fish rise. Let a couple get off, missed a dozen or more, and only brought one to hand. It was definitely good to be in the mountains, and I don't think it will be long before things explode up there.

Travis

Jswitow 04-04-2008 10:43 PM

Monster browns in Little River

Man that must have been awesome. Would've given me the shakes more than likely! Lucky to have been there to see them. Did you manage any pics, don't post them here it would probably give the spot away.
I need to get out there! Drove through on Tuesday, actually had a call Cherokee, I was really wishing I had the time to stop, had I had my gear probably would have anyway, time or no time!
Best,
John