Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Backcountry (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Camping on the Little River (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10329)

KnoxBioBenz 04-13-2008 09:52 PM

Camping on the Little River

I hiked up to Campsite # 24 Saturday afternoon fishing along the way. I manged to hook into several small fish and I saved a few for eatin'. Fishing was ok. I fished wet Saturday afternoon and evening, it was a little cold but I managed to stay warm.

This morning was a different story. I woke up to snow flurries. Needless to say my barefeet (I was wearing sandals) did not get wet the entire morning. It didn't matter much b/c the fishing was really quite slow this morning. Overall it was a great trip though.

First time to catch the Slam w/ a fly-rod. Yahoo!!

Rog 1 04-14-2008 09:27 AM

24 is my favorite backcountry spot but this time of year you never know what you are going to get weather wise....have had mornings there in mid-April that had my rod guides frozen solid from water stripping in my line....several hours later I would be in a T shirt with bugs apopping a trout biting like crazy....

buzzmcmanus 04-14-2008 10:28 AM

You don't have a red backpack and were fishing by the bridge at Rough Creek trail (I think it's the one)? I past a guy fishing there on my way back down from fishing near 24 Saturday. I thought about stopping, but didn't want to interupt their fishing. I already posted my report on the TN Deer site, I'll post it here a little later (its long with many pictures).

KnoxBioBenz 04-14-2008 11:59 PM

That would most definitely be me. I do have a red backpack and I fished at the bridge going up and coming down. Isn't it funny how small of a world this internet thing makes it out to be.

I have often wondered if I see some of you guys out at the river or stream....

buzzmcmanus 04-15-2008 02:18 PM

I remember seeing your red backpack sitting on the ground from a long ways off. Glad to hear you had a good trip.

Jswitow 04-17-2008 09:38 PM

Fishing around Fish Camp Prong.

A buddy and I were up there Sunday as well. He also had a bright red back pack. Big guy about 6'-4". We made it up there about 10:00 and walked out about three. We caught all our fish but one on dries .......... even in the snow! I caught all rainbows, my buddy landed a brookie; 10" ! Turned out to be a beautiful day and the fish were taking dries right up until I had to reel up for the walk out. The temp made 48 degrees by my thermometer. I will try to post a few pics if they look any good. Really beautiful up there!
Best,
John

redwards 04-18-2008 10:28 AM

Jswitow, that must have been you I passed on Sunday morning. I was with another guy and we had fished Saturday camped at 24, woke up cold and headed back Sunday morning.