Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Members Board (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   New member from STL (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10661)

flyfshn 06-02-2008 09:37 PM

New member from STL

Good evening,

I have been fly fishing for the past 4 years and have only fished in Missouri. Taneycomo is probably my favorite place to fish in Missouri, followed by some of the smaller streams. I'm not the greatest caster or fly tyer, but I am definitely addicted!! Can't get enough!

My father in law rented a cabin for the family from June 6th-13th and I would like to fish for some of the "small fish" (read previous post). I don't care what size they are, I just want to catch some, they look beautiful! I have been reading comments and trying to gather info on where to fish, so I thought I would ask some of you if you would mind sharing some info?? We will are staying close to the Townsend entrance and I would like to fish some water where I will have the best chance to catch fish. Would also appreciate it if you would recommend some flies/sizes and best times. I have been tying some flies, but have not heard of some of them that guys are talking about.

Anything you can provide would be greatly appreciated! I can't wait to get there and start fishing!!

Thanks!!
Mike

Redfish62 06-03-2008 07:31 AM

Welcome to the board

Welcome to the board,

I often wondered about fly fishing in Missouri. Staying in Townsend is a great location you best bet for advice and flies is Little River Outfitters in Townsend you can't miss them, and of course there great message board.

At the moment all streams are fishing well lower streams are getting warm so moving up in elevation will help.

Good luck and hope you have a great vacation here in East TN.

Drugcop4 06-04-2008 08:17 PM

Just got back and cen tell you that about any yellow patterened nymph in the little river section above Elkmont is a great bet

Stonefly 06-05-2008 06:02 PM

Missouri

How about the Current River in Missouri? I used to hear that it's good, but not sure if it holds trout, or smallies.

sb

flyfshn 06-05-2008 06:25 PM

Steve, I know it has small mouth, but I don't think it has trout.

Drugcop4 06-06-2008 09:33 AM

The Meramec, Huzzah and Current will have trout in certain controlled sections. There are Corn Chunking areas as well as fly only catch and release. I have heard that Cardiac Pass/Hill is a great spot for bows.

bigpopper 07-08-2008 09:27 PM

Welcome to the board

Hey, welcome to the LRO board flyfshn ! Hope you enjoy it. Lots to learn here, its a great source of information and a great place to share what ya know. Fly fishing is one of those things that once you start you cant stop, and when youre not doin it , its what you wanna be doin. Best of luck and good fishin to ya!
Mark <::><