Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fisheries Management & Biology (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Volunteers Needed 9/15-18 (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11269)

Paula Begley 09-09-2008 10:21 AM

Volunteers Needed 9/15-18

I just got an email from Charlie:

Quote:

Attached is an updated schedule for the volunteer work on the Lynn Camp Prong Brook Trout Restoration Project. Volunteers are still needed for September 15 - 18. One three volunteers are needed daily to assist with collecting and moving fish. This work will start at about 7:30 8:00 AM at the parking lot just below Lynn Camp Prong.

Filling these time slots is tough because it is during the work week. However, if anyone has time off or can easily rearrange their work schedule to lend a hand on the Project that would be great!

Please forward this message to the TU Chapter distribution lists. Thanks for all the help so far.

Charlie Chmielewski
If you are interested in helping out, call the shop at 865/448-9459. We'll give you Charlie's phone number.

Paula

David Knapp 09-09-2008 06:18 PM

If I wasn't doing student teaching I'd be all over this...definitely a unique opportunity to do something great for our streams...

mtnman2888 09-09-2008 08:45 PM

Same here, unfortunately i have to do the in-law thing this weekend, birthday parties and the such. Hopefully you will get a few volunteers.

If its ok, i can let some other people i know from that area about the need for volunteers.

Paula Begley 09-09-2008 10:10 PM

Quote:

If its ok, i can let some other people i know from that area about the need for volunteers.
Go for it, thanks for offering!

Paula

jeffnles1 09-10-2008 01:19 PM

Wow, I have to do the work thing. Unfortunately, it's that pesky thing that interferes with my enjoyment of fishing. It also is what provides enough positive cash flow to afford to be, as my loving wife so fodly states, a partner in the LRO business. I tell here there are guys here who have spent far more than I have. To protect the names of the innocent, I never tell her who that may be. :-)

Wish I could be there. That sounds like an outstanding opportunity to be involved in this project.

Jeff

Flyfishjeep 09-11-2008 12:05 PM

I called Charlie and I am signed up for Tuesday!!
This is going to be a wonderful day, and informative. I will try to bring the video camera and show you guys what I did.
Hopefully there will be some more people to help out.

Gypsy 09-12-2008 12:34 PM

I have signed up for all three days, being new to the smokies I believe this will be a great time to learn. Most importantly a chance to help the streams I plan to fish with the hope of providing better fishing for native species for my three sons, and theirs. I will as FFjeep has said try to bring back news and pics.