Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (
-   Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters (
-   -   Clinch River, TN - (12/02/08) (

MadisonBoats 12-03-2008 01:16 PM

Clinch River, TN - (12/02/08)
Fished the Clinch from 12-3PM. Caught about four decent browns.

Water Temp - 48 Deg.

-Midges were flat for the time frame...
-Excellent fly Activity
-A lot of Bedding Activity

gmreeves 12-03-2008 02:12 PM

I wish my decent fish were that nice. Looks like it was a good day.

Wilson10 12-03-2008 03:23 PM

Awesome Clinch River Brown!

I wish I could go fishing instead of workin'

No Hackle 12-03-2008 03:53 PM

Hey man nice fish. I fished the clinch on Monday the 1st and had a good day also. Having the river to my self didnt hurt. What did most of your fish eat. I got most of my fish on my copper and olive pattern.
Thanks, No Hackle ><>

ChemEAngler 12-03-2008 04:56 PM

Very nice brownie, I hope to get up there on Friday.

MadisonBoats 12-06-2008 11:44 AM

Pattern switched to eggs right now...:smile:

ChemEAngler 12-06-2008 02:35 PM

I made it up there yesterday, but stupid me didn't check the generation schedule before I left. I am so used to them running the same schedule on Fridays that I expected the same yesterday. I got to my normal stomping grounds to find the water high. So we went up to Miller's Island, somewhere I don't really like to fish and haven't fished in over a year. I caught a decent bow on my second cast, and then let a couple get off before calling it a day. My activity was on a #20 bhpt, and I did see some BWO's coming off. I saw a couple other guys on the water, and never saw them catch anything either. By far my slowest day on the Clinch all year, but I think it was more mental than the fishing being tough.

I was just so aggravated at myself after getting there and realizing I couldn't fish my usual areas, that I was just not into it mentally.

So, the lesson here is to never expect TVA to run the same schedule as they normally do. Always check the schedule.

MadisonBoats 12-08-2008 01:23 PM

Yeah, they always get you on the releases when you least suspect a change. This year has been so consistent that I have neglected checking the schedules for the past two-months.

Don't worry about the slow activity! The Clinch has been challenging lately.

At least you caught some fish...:smile: