Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Conservation Organizations and Fly Fishing Clubs (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   MTFF & Elk River Porta John Shame (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11929)

Vern 02-23-2009 03:11 PM

MTFF & Elk River Porta John Shame

The MTFF Club had our annual Elk River clean up this past weekend (2/21/09).
I decided to try a new route, long story short I got lost and arrived about 1.5HRS late. By the time I arrived I was looking foward of putting our Porta John we provide to good use. All that was left was the concrete slab. After i found a tree that to use as a replacement for the Porta John, I asked the other guys what happened. As it turned out the Porta John we had at Ferris Landing was burned up by someone, so we are assuming that the company took the one back at the dam to keep it from being destroyed.
I don't know what we are going to do, but it is a shame that some people are so STUPID to destroy something that was put there to make their life a little easier and help protect their environment.:mad:

irfishing 02-23-2009 04:43 PM

Man what a bummer! Hope those responsible got scorched in the process.
I really appreciated those being available.

flyred06 02-23-2009 05:02 PM

What kind of IDIOT would do something like that. Maybe as the season begins to develop there will be one put back. We can only hope that that one was destroyed by accident.

BlueRaiderFan 02-23-2009 09:16 PM

Could we start a fund to get a perminent facility built? Maybe we can mention this when we start our e mail campaign about the Caney in April.

Vern 02-23-2009 09:28 PM

MTFF has a grant from REI to provide the Porta Johns. Its not a very large grant but enough to keep them around for a couple years. I don't know what it would take to get a permanent facility built, but I am sure there would be several regs we would need to cover. I am sure most of the funds to do it would have to come from private funds. I am sure the club will talk about this at our next meeting.

donwinn 02-23-2009 10:17 PM

Unbelievable

It is unbelievable what some people think is funny or fun! I am really going to miss that John. I ususally need it as soon as I arrive.:mad:

Tedious 02-24-2009 12:24 PM

Rhonda Page @ Tim's Flies and Lies had a scare at the Ferris Bridge a little while back from an unseemly character. She packed it in. I'll miss that pit stop. TDS

nvr2L8 02-24-2009 08:36 PM

I've heard of tipping outhouses but never burning them down.

troutslayer3393 02-24-2009 09:24 PM

Was it plastic or wood :confused: Its ridiculous what "kids" will do to get a laugh out of their friends.

ALflygirl 02-25-2009 10:49 PM

That is horrible news! I am with donwinn...I usually need it as soon as I arrive. I have never been a fan of having to go in the woods...and its even harder to do when dealing with waders! :biggrin: