Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Conservation Organizations and Fly Fishing Clubs (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Crazy PETA Nut Jobs (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11989)

ChemEAngler 03-08-2009 10:02 PM

Crazy PETA Nut Jobs

How many of you out there have heard about what the PETA whack jobs are up to now? They have always been out there stirring up trouble, but now they are targeting our children. Their latest campaign is to personify fish and change their identity from "fish" to "sea-kittens". Their angle is to ask children if they would like to see somebody take their pet and put a hook through them, abuse them, and then thrown them out to die. I am not making this up, here is the website:

----Link Removed-------

I read about this first in the latest edition of FlyFisherman Magazine, but have been hearing that they are changing their focus to the younger generation for the past couple months. Now most people I know realize that these people are off their rocker, but if they start trying to spread this message in our schools that would not be good. I know we cannot prevent them from taking this position or trying to spread it, but I believe it is imperative that we all join TU or some similar fishing organization to help fight for our right to fish and keep this stuff away from our children.

Tarheelflyfishing 03-09-2009 12:08 AM

PETA in my book= People Eating Tasty Animals

Varmitcounty 03-09-2009 10:21 AM

That is so insane that it is almost frightening.

Paula Begley 03-09-2009 02:33 PM

Just about as insane as targeting children on their way in to watch The Nutcracker by giving them pamphlets saying their mommy was a murderer for wearing fur.

It had this image on the cover:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...mommykills.gif

And inside it showed photos of animals being skinned.

They are charming. Just charming.

Paula

Rob GRiggs 03-09-2009 02:35 PM

Nothing like giving rights to the bait. Pretty dumb.

Worrgamesguy 03-09-2009 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarheelflyfishing (Post 64220)
PETA in my book= People Eating Tasty Animals

I was just getting ready to post it! :biggrin:

Except I don't like fish :smile:

BlueRaiderFan 03-10-2009 12:25 AM

Mmmmm..Fried Sea Kitten...That sounds good.

jeffnles1 03-10-2009 12:21 PM

Guys,
This may not be obvious at first, but by posting the link to their website and mentioning the "S-K" phrase, you're boosting their website in the search engines.

I don't think they have any real belief that fish are going to be renamed. What they want is to say something so outrageous that folks will talk about it and knowing that sportsmen will talk about it in the internet forums and blogs, they will get free links to their website.

They are not trying to change our minds, but one of the things that helps to determind how close a website places to the top of the list in any type of search is the number of external links otherwise called "in links". Right now, there are over 200 in links to this page which boosts their entire website in the importance in search engines.

It's not renaming fish they are trying to get across here, it's boosting the search engine placement for their other agenda issues.

The more people are talking about this, the higher the chance of someone visiting their websiet and maybe getting influenced by other propoganda they are presenting.

Just a word of caution for the guys here to be careful about offering them too much free help.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

Byron Begley 03-10-2009 06:38 PM

Jeff is right as usual. Maybe everyone should remove their links to PETA from this board. It would be our way of fighting back. Uh Oh, if they read this we might have them picketing our shop.

Byron

hw3 03-13-2009 12:07 PM

If you are looking for something for the schools, check out Trout in the Classroom, a TU program that started in NY abt 20 years ago. Bluegrass Chapter sponsored the first in KY this year, and seems to have the interest of the students. Do not where to direct one interested, but TU website may have a link. BG CH is @ www.bluegrasstu.org. I know the plan is to release the fry in a KY stream this spring. Skip Watson