Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Troutfest (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Paula's beans (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12357)

GrouseMan77 05-19-2009 12:46 PM

Paula's beans

I would first like to say that I had a terrific time at the banquet on Friday and then again on Saturday. I’m sure that coordinating and/or working at such an event invites many opportunities for headaches. Thanks to all of the folks that worked very hard to pull off TroutFest ’09.

I was able to speak with Mr. Humphreys while he signed a book for me. I walked away very impressed. He was about what I expected. I asked him about his fishing trip with Walter Babb. He told me that they went to “a couple little mountain streams not too far from here” and that they “didn’t catch anything under twenty or so…”

I also wanted to inquire about the possibility of obtaining Paula’s bean recipe. I am a pretty big bean eater and those were fantastic.

Sincerely,

Jason Elkins

donwinn 05-19-2009 01:32 PM

Second That

I second the comments of Jason. I really appreciate all those who worked so hard for my enjoyment. I had a great time. I was really impressed with the graciousness of Mr. Humphreys and Mr. Kreh. Mr. Clouser was great as well although I did not have a chance to speak to him personally. They were so nice and sincerely wanted to help us all be better anglers. I hope they are back next year. And Paula's beans were just great!

Thanks again to everyone who had a part in Troutfest.

nunavut4 05-19-2009 10:41 PM

The food was great, but I really liked the beans.
Recipe please.

Thanks, Mark

Paula Begley 05-20-2009 09:42 AM

All y'all want my top sekrit recipe? If I told ya', I'd have t' keel ya. :cool:

Paula

Thanks for the compliments.

truchin 05-20-2009 02:09 PM

This was a first for me. Usually don't attend events that have to do with fishing, instead i fish...
I had a blast!! information overload after seeing and learning from so many excellent tyers. thank you Phil,Bill and Tim!!! You guys are artists.
Good to talk with Mike , Bob and Jeff.They are the best guides i know.
I too was impressed by the unpretentious attitude of Lefty and Bob Clouser.Knowledge is power, no need to pretend anything... very nice casual persons.
Thanks to all who made it possible. I'll be back next year and spend 2 days
jose

Flyfishjeep 05-21-2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paula Begley (Post 67145)
All y'all want my top sekrit recipe? If I told ya', I'd have t' keel ya. :cool:

Maybe Byron could take her to Maryville and let her interact with the "city folk"...

Flat Fly n 05-21-2009 02:26 PM

Just wondering....

Paula,
You been "talking" to Duke lately from Bush's Beans?

Paula Begley 05-21-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flat Fly n (Post 67199)
Paula,
You been "talking" to Duke lately from Bush's Beans?

Funny you should ask that, Bush Bros. donated the beans for Troutfest this year because I use three different of their beans for the top seekrit recipe. :biggrin:

Duke is one cool dog, but when he asked me how I use/alter those three beans, I refused to tell him (He's a blabber mouth). ;)

Paula

msdilligaff 05-23-2009 07:42 PM

beans and pasta salad

Didn't try the beans since I wasn't sure if they were made with pork, but sure would love that pasta salad recipe.....now that was killer and I have a church picnic coming up.....sure would love to serve it to them!

Please, pretty please with a big ol brookie on top?

Paula Begley 05-24-2009 07:37 PM

Tom Ferriter is the President of Bush Brothers & Company and was in the shop today. One of the three beans I use for the Troutfest beans is actually set to be discontinued. I may have to post the recipe so that demand will cause it to be kept in production. :cool:

I'm happy to share the pasta salad recipe...but I don't know small quantities...I am used to making at least 150 pounds (this year it was 225). :eek: Shoot me an email, and I'll tell you what I put in it.

And...thanks so much you all...I really appreciate the positive feedback!

Paula