Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Why We Fly Fish (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   H1n1 (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13126)

jeffnles1 11-02-2009 10:09 PM

H1n1

You guys have probably heard me talking about my fishing partner and son Daniel. He's the best fishing partner a guy could ask for and one heck of a good kid (well, at 14, he's not really a little kid any more but just the same)

Well, he has the flu now. He's been sick for about 4 days. The doc prescribed TamiFlu a couple days ago. It's supposed to knock a couple days off the disease.

The good news is he's strong and healthy but I still hate to see him sick.

Jeff

Kytroutbum 11-03-2009 12:32 AM

Tamiflu is a great drug! My 8yr old grandson got the "bug" bad early fall. My daughter and son-in-law were to leave on a trip less than two weeks later. His doctor gave the whole family Tamiflu. My daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter didn't get it. Aaron, my grandson, went from an extremely high fever to "climbing the walls" wanting to play outside the next day. I am really worried about Jan -March when the "real flu season" occurs.

Worrgamesguy 11-03-2009 09:48 PM

HAHAH sorry, I read the title and immediately laughed.

Sorry about your son, I got the flu 3 years consecutively, it was no fun :frown:

But what made me laugh is a comedian named Ralphie May came to MTSU the first week of school and his opening line was "You'll have to excuse me, I'm just getting over the flu. No, not the swine flu, because god forbid I get the swine flu that killed 262 people last year. No, I get the regular flu, that killed 60,000." It was pretty funny :rolleyes:

Tell him I hope his recovery is speedy, we need to have a LRO Board fishing meet sometime!

flyred06 11-03-2009 11:21 PM

Hope your son gets better. He and your family will be in my prayers. The one who made the body can heal the body.

jeffnles1 11-05-2009 02:45 PM

Thanks guys.

He went back to school yesterday. He is still a little shaky at times but is feeling better. In fact, this morning, he feels enough better to joke a little.

He still does not find it amusing when I walk up to him and say "oink".:smile:

We appreciate the warm wished and prayers.

Jeff

PeteCz 11-05-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffnles1 (Post 73615)
He still does not find it amusing when I walk up to him and say "oink".:smile:

Jeff, that's awesome! Good to see I'm not the only one torturing my teenage sons with humor and sarcasm. Keep up the good work!!

Paula Begley 11-09-2009 01:37 PM

Good news, Jeff...I'm behind on my forum reading. I think you tell him he needs to check to see if he's sprouted a curly tail. ;)

Paula

jeffnles1 11-09-2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paula Begley (Post 73736)
Good news, Jeff...I'm behind on my forum reading. I think you tell him he needs to check to see if he's sprouted a curly tail. ;)

Paula

I did see him out rolling around in the mud. He said he was kicking a soccer ball, but it sure looked like wallowing to me.

Jeff

nvr2L8 11-10-2009 02:39 PM

I understand that us guys are especially vulnerable to H1N1 because men are such pigs.

Worrgamesguy 11-10-2009 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvr2L8 (Post 73791)
I understand that us guys are especially vulnerable to H1N1 because men are such pigs.

Your wife was standing over your shoulder for that one, right? :p