Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Troutfest (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Idea? (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13217)

Kevin_Thomas 11-22-2009 06:20 PM

Idea?

Byron,

When we were working on getting the Brookie tags it seems like I remember someone saying that tag #BT0001 was reserved for Gov Bredesen. If this is true I wonder if we could get him to donate it for the auction for Troutfest. If so I imagine it would bring a pretty penny, if anyone had the nerve to bid against you.

Kevin

Byron Begley 11-22-2009 07:01 PM

Hey Kevin,

Super, excellent idea. I'll send an e-mail to Dick Davis now. That plate would auction for an amount way out of my budget.

Good thinking,

Byron

Byron Begley 11-22-2009 07:03 PM

E-mail sent.

Byron

Kevin_Thomas 11-22-2009 10:11 PM

Hope it works!

flyred06 11-22-2009 11:47 PM

I would be in for a bid. That is a cool idea. I hope to be able to make troutfest this year. If not maybe we could have some internet bids going on?

donwinn 11-23-2009 02:27 PM

TU Plate

I may be wrong about this, as happens quite often, but I think the governor refused the tag as he does not like specialty tags. I am not sure who got # 1 though.

Byron Begley 11-23-2009 07:10 PM

I checked my e-mail at work this morning and Dick's was returned. I guess he has changed his address. I've got it on my list to call him tomorrow.

Byron

tjw37909 11-27-2009 08:25 AM

Byron, I was wondering how you think the new NOC store being built in Gatlinburg will affect business for LRO. The building they are putting it in is approximately 20,000 square feet, and that will of course be to hold equipment for pretty much any outdoor activity, but they are supposed to have a large fly fishing section in the store.

MarkHansen 11-28-2009 10:40 AM

What does NOC stand for?

Jim Casada 11-29-2009 09:05 AM

Mark--I assume it is Nantahala Outdoor Center (at least that's how the business frequently styles itself in N. C.).
If that is indeed the case, I don't think LRO has much to worry about. Their shop at their headquarter center is tiny and has a very sparse sampling of wares, although I suspect their guide service does well. They certainly have the right geographical location and the fellow who runs it, J. E. B. Hall, grew up in earby Bryson City. He's written a lavishly illustrated book on fishing in North Carolina and he tells me he is planning another. The current one, while beautifully done, does not touch on many of the state's trout streams.
If it isn't the Nantahala Outdoor Center, I don't know.
One thing is sure, I don't think anyone is likely to be able to replicate part of what LRO offers--personable service, knowledge, close proximity to the Park, spacious premises, a forum such as this one, and a vast array of stock.

Jim Casada
www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com