Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Smoky Mountain Fishing (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Best Time To Come... (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13363)

flybum62 01-09-2010 03:18 PM

Best Time To Come...

The last few times that I was able to come was in late June or early July. The water was low, and fish were skiddish. I am a teacherand out of school at the end of May.
Any input would be helpful.
Thanks!

jross 01-11-2010 01:27 PM

being from IN myself and also a teacher!...I say spring break!!! those 2 words warm my heart :biggrin:. If your schedule is like mine, you get SB in late March. I've usually hit good days then. I love it because TN is about 2-3 weeks ahead of IN. And you being farther north than I am, it'd be more like a month ahead of us. And it's only a couple months away....

Jack 01-11-2010 01:45 PM

When?

Anytime you can get there is a good time. Just check with LRO and they can point you in the right direction. This last year we had more problems with high water than with low water. It just take awhile to get it all together. Tight lines.

Jim Casada 01-11-2010 05:48 PM

flybum62--May and October are the two MAGICAL months, and I would rate April and June the next two preferences, perhaps along with the first half of November depending on weather.
Jim Casada
www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com

billyspey 01-11-2010 10:23 PM

when the trees start to leaf, about the size of a mouse ear, my favorite time for the prk.

The Principal 01-12-2010 02:04 PM

I am with Jack. Anytime I can sneak away from school and get there is prime time.
Daniel or anyone at Little River Outfitters can giude you to catching something most of the time.

cardfly 01-12-2010 08:16 PM

Looks like we need a educators Professional Development in Townsend sometime around spring break. I'll bring the sign in sheets.

tlshealy 01-13-2010 05:55 AM

Late April or early May is also a great time because of all the other wildlife, drive around Cade's Cove at that time and you'll see more turkeys than you can shake a flyrod at.
Tad

The Principal 01-13-2010 12:58 PM

Sign me up for the Educators Profesional Development. Elkmont Campground Group Site
#2 would be a good place to have it.

Rog 1 01-13-2010 04:31 PM

You can never tell what you will find until you get there....when I was in college there used to be a closed season in the park from Sept. 15 until April 15....would always try to get up there on "opening day" or as close to it as my class schedule would allow...some years it would be cold and the trees still in their winter starkness...the next year you might find everything in buds and wildflowers with warm temps....mother nature has her own time table....same with the bugs and the fish....but when everything does come together it can be a magical time.