Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Smoky Mountain Fishing (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   prayers for family (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13526)

flyguys 02-27-2010 09:06 PM

prayers for family

Lost my father-in-law friday. Please pray for my family, my wife is a daddys girl, (not in a spoiled kind of way). Pleas pray for my two children, especially my 14 year old son. We lost his great grandmother just a few months ago and now his papaw is gone. I know he is hurting and needs all the prayers he can get. Thanks everyone! flyguys.

jeffnles1 02-27-2010 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyguys (Post 77284)
Lost my father-in-law friday. Please pray for my family, my wife is a daddys girl, (not in a spoiled kind of way). Pleas pray for my two children, especially my 14 year old son. We lost his great grandmother just a few months ago and now his papaw is gone. I know he is hurting and needs all the prayers he can get. Thanks everyone! flyguys.

Absolutely will do. I'm sorry to hear of your family's loss. My grandmother passed away on Jan 1 and I miss her. I will say a prayer for your family and expecially your son. My boy, Daniel is 15 and I can imagine how he would be if my dad suddenly passed away.

Jeff

No Hackle 02-27-2010 11:06 PM

I'm on it! God's great at comfort.
No Hackle

nvr2L8 02-28-2010 12:03 AM

Flyguys,

So sorry to hear about your father-in-law. I've been through that with my wife and it's tough when a daughter loses her Dad. Prayers for you and your family.

Speck Lover 02-28-2010 08:30 AM

I am so sorry to learn of your loss and will be praying for you and your family during these tough times.

baldriver 02-28-2010 09:01 AM

I'm sorry for your loss and will keep your family in my prayers.
Tim

DarrinG 02-28-2010 02:11 PM

Prayers on the way for the family.

Birdman 02-28-2010 02:46 PM

So sorry for your losses. I pray you and your family can find some peace and comfort in these tough times. Will keep you in our prayers.

Birdman

GrouseMan77 02-28-2010 04:24 PM

Very sorry for your family's loss.

Jim Casada 02-28-2010 07:31 PM

Flyguys--You have my thoughts and prayers. Although it won't help now, in time your 14-year-old son will look back with gratitude on the fact tht he at least had his grandfather long enough to know and appreciate him. My daughter didn't have that option with her maternal grandparents, although quite the opposite is the case with her paternal grandparents. One lived until she was an adult and the other, my father, is still living at the age of 100.
I do have one suggestion. Get hold of a copy of Robert Ruark's The Old Man and the Boy, which I consider the greatest of all American outdoor books, and you and your son read the chapter entitled "All He Left Me Was the World." I think both of you will find great comfort in Ruark's thoughts on losing his grandfather when he ("The Boy") was 15 years of age.
Jim Casada